CPU Hell-p Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

taimuraly

I found this cool utility and gave it a try. http://www23.tomshardware.com/cpu.html

I thought it would be easy, just choose one CPU and then mine, Pentium 4 3.2 GHz. But when I went to the options I felt like screaming. :hotbounce
What the hell is 3.2 EE and 3.2 E GHz?
What’s the difference between them?
How do I know which one I have?
When did they come to be?
Is it better to have EE, E or none?

Either I was hibernating all my life or am naive :knock: . I mean were is the time someone would ask “which CPU do u have” and you would reply " Pentium 4 3.2" and then he would say “That’s nice ", instead of “Is it E, EE or none”

I mean I thought my machine was fast but now comparing with the CPU’s listed, I think I might have to dump it. :blackeye:

I tried all the CPU's which I thought I had and there was a vast speed diff. amongst them so I would really like u guys, experts to help me. :wave:

And after you have done answering those questions, here are some more -
Which is the best CPU out there?
What do I need in order to be able to get it? (apart form cash of course, meaning motherboard compatibility)

Hope not asking to much or confusing but this I have got to know. :dead:

My Pc Configuration currently -
Branded Pc Acer Aspire RC500
120 GB Hard Disk
GeForce 7800 GS
1 GB DDR Ram
Pentium 4 3.2 ( dont know if E, EE or nothing - there wer u guys come to play)
19" Acer LCD

The "E" was used to notify that it was a Prescott based Pentium 4. EE stands for Extreme Edition, is very expensive & not very likely to be yours unless you remember paying quite a lot for your machine.

Download & run CPU-z & see what it says about your CPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back