Cpu Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
My computer is not working properly (after I opended it :-( ) so I am going to hook up another one but how can I download all the software from the other one to the new one?

Can you post some system specs and a little more info about the problem?

Also, what did you do when you opened the machine?

Cheers! :hotbounce

Well, like Wolf said, can you post your specs? But, I will use my mystical powers to determine your problem right now.

You will most likely have to do a transfer of data on your Hard drives. If you are getting a new computer, you need the Hard Drive within your current system to make that transfer.

--->***DO NOT THROW IT AWAY***<---until after a couple of weeks, just to be on the safe side. All data should transfer nicely and quickly, but on occasion, you COULD experience problems, not likely.

Let us know your specs, and what you're going to do.

Easiest way is to set up the old drive as a slave in the new machine, and transfer anything across that you may need.

All you need to do is change the jumpers on the rear of the drive - and possibley the new one too if it's IDE.

Generally Jumper positions willl be on the sticker on the top of the drive, or just visit the manufacturers website.

It sounds complicated, but it's easy.

+++For security, I always run a virus/spyware scan on the old drive B4 transferring anything across+++

heres an example
http://www.seagate.com/support/kb/disc/ref/jumper_settings.html

Thank you !

I will attempt the transfer once I get the CPU working properly ever since I opended it now when I turn it on it goes extremely slow to start up and I never see the Start button at the bottom and I cant access any of the system ...got any help for that, I went back in and check all the connections everything seems like its plug in :-(

I'm assuming it's Windows XP?

After the POST Screen - the bit where it finds hardware (or perhaps a splash screen of the manufacturer) hit the F8 key a few times, hopefully it'll bring up a menu.

Choose the "Last Good..." one and see if that fixes it.

If not, do the F8 thing again, choose "Safe Mode" and try restoring it to a time when it was working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back