CPU Interface in A7N8X

Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason in my A7N8X-X when tweakin out my BIOS, it will not let me change my "CPU Interface" from Optimal to Aggressive. I am wondering if I have a CPU with a locked multiplier, though it lets me change the multiplier. Any ideas why this is????

Try upgrading to the latest BIOS. Also check that the FSB jumper on the motherboard isn't set to 200Mhz only.

Yeh - my CPU interface option is locked for some reason. From other nForce2 boards ive tested, changing the option to aggressive simply makes the board lock up on post and require a bios reset. There is no performance boost i could find (when i finally got a board to boot) and it hampers overclocking like anything - so dont worry about it :D

Steg

From what I've read on the manual and a few other websites, this setting just increases the FSB speed, however it's pointless as you should already have the option to set the FSB to whatever you want. It's probably a setting from a previous BIOS revision that should have been removed and was overlooked.

If you had one of those Mobile XP2500 CPU's that might work.

Face it the A7N8X-X is meant for a budget build and it may not have too many overclocking options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back