TechSpot

CPU Interface in A7N8X

By ether.real
Apr 9, 2004
  1. For some reason in my A7N8X-X when tweakin out my BIOS, it will not let me change my "CPU Interface" from Optimal to Aggressive. I am wondering if I have a CPU with a locked multiplier, though it lets me change the multiplier. Any ideas why this is????

2. PanicX

PanicX TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 669

Try upgrading to the latest BIOS. Also check that the FSB jumper on the motherboard isn't set to 200Mhz only.

3. ether.real

ether.real TS Rookie Topic Starter

the BIOS is the latest, C1007, and the jumper is not set for 200MHz, as I am running both RAM and CPU at 166MHz.

4. Steg

Steg TS Rookie Posts: 269

Yeh - my CPU interface option is locked for some reason. From other nForce2 boards ive tested, changing the option to aggressive simply makes the board lock up on post and require a bios reset. There is no performance boost i could find (when i finally got a board to boot) and it hampers overclocking like anything - so dont worry about it :D

Steg

5. PanicX

PanicX TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 669

From what I've read on the manual and a few other websites, this setting just increases the FSB speed, however it's pointless as you should already have the option to set the FSB to whatever you want. It's probably a setting from a previous BIOS revision that should have been removed and was overlooked.

6. ether.real

thx for the info

7. Charles Hammond

Charles Hammond TS Rookie Posts: 59

If you had one of those Mobile XP2500 CPU's that might work.

Face it the A7N8X-X is meant for a budget build and it may not have too many overclocking options.

8. ether.real

lol......th A7N8X-Deluxe is consistently one of the highest rated motherboards out there....

9. StormBringer

StormBringer TS Rookie Posts: 2,244

The A7n8x-X is not the deluxe, the X version is a budget version of the A7n8x.

10. ether.real

lol just caught my mistake in my first post.....i dont have the A7N8X-X, I have the Deluxe.....lol

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.