CPU meant to be 4.7 but shows 4.0

Hi I've recently built my pc with a lot of help from a friend but I've run into a problem my CPU is:

http://www.ebuyer.com/538278-fx-9590-4-7ghz-16mb-220w-wof-skt-am3-l2-l3-16mb-220w-fd9590fhhkwof

and my motherboard is

http://www.ebuyer.com/269072-asus-m...annel-hd-audio-matx-motherboard-m5a78l-m-usb3

I'm a novice PC builder so I let my friend choose the parts and he assured me the parts were all compatible but this error says otherwise.

I've updated the bios to the latest but I'm not sure my cpu was even on the list of supported cpus...Can anyone please offer me advice?

Oh and I have to keep resetting my cmos whenever I turn on m pc or the monitors just go to sleep.

FX 9590 is a high Watt CPU and was only supported on a few of the very high end motherboards. That board is not one of the supported boards and in actuality is not designed for that class of overclocking and power.

The only boards with guaranteed FX 9370 & 9590 support are a few of the 990FX boards: The Asus Crosshair V-Z, The ASrock Extreme9, Asus Sabertooth, and the 2 Gigabyte 990FX Extreme boards.

I would return that motherboard and pick up one of those boards to replace the one you have otherwise you will probably run into issues. This particular Motherboard you bought only support up to 140Watt CPU's where as the 9590 is a 220Watt CPU.

FX 9590 is a high Watt CPU and was only supported on a few of the very high end motherboards. That board is not one of the supported boards and in actuality is not designed for that class of overclocking and power.

The only boards with guaranteed FX 9370 & 9590 support are a few of the 990FX boards: The Asus Crosshair V-Z, The ASrock Extreme9, Asus Sabertooth, and the 2 Gigabyte 990FX Extreme boards.

I would return that motherboard and pick up one of those boards to replace the one you have otherwise you will probably run into issues. This particular Motherboard you bought only support up to 140Watt CPU's where as the 9590 is a 220Watt CPU.

Thank you for the reply, I see I don't have the money to purchase a new motherboard at the minute, will my new PC be alright for basic web browsing until I have the money (Tuesday at the latest)?

Thank you for the reply, I see I don't have the money to purchase a new motherboard at the minute, will my new PC be alright for basic web browsing until I have the money (Tuesday at the latest)?
You will be fine (Btw what CPU cooler are you using) so long as you keep the temps down. Right now the machine is just setting it to the default FX 8350 setup since the chips are very similar.

I would get one of the upper boards that I mentioned asap though. But double check that the board specifically says FX 9590 Support. There are only the boards I mentioned (I may have missed 1 or two) that actually say "FX 9590 Support".

You will be fine (Btw what CPU cooler are you using) so long as you keep the temps down. Right now the machine is just setting it to the default FX 8350 setup since the chips are very similar.

I would get one of the upper boards that I mentioned asap though. But double check that the board specifically says FX 9590 Support. There are only the boards I mentioned (I may have missed 1 or two) that actually say "FX 9590 Support".

I'm using a self contained water cooler. - http://www.ebuyer.com/411328-corsai...h-performance-liquid-cpu-cooler-cw-9060007-ww

http://www.ebuyer.com/393530-asus-s...l-audio-atx-motherboard-sabertooth-990fx-r2-0 I'm thinking of one but I can't find where it says FX 9590 support, have I selected the wrong one?

Thanks a lot, you're very helpful.
No problem, glad I could help. There are a few more boards that have support in case you want more variety. If your worried that a board may or may not have support and you see one you want to double check, the manufacturer website will have a spot to look at the exact motherboard and check a CPU support list. But if you are not sure, just feel free to post a few suggestions that have not been listed yet and we can give you more advice.

With the FX 9590, the upper boards in the 990FX range are just the only ones with support, but not every 990FX board has it because of the extreme needs of these 2 Chips hence why some boards chose not to put a way to detect if its the 9590 and they default it to the 8350.

Back