CPU/Mobo/RAM bundle deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flash19

I'm going to build a new PC soon that I want to use primarily for gaming but also for work. I recently saw these two bundles being offered and I'm considering buying one of them as the core of the setup:

First One

Second One

What I want to know is if either of these two will be up to the job and worth buying, bearing in mind I've already got a GPU and the other bits and bobs. If so, which one do people recommend? Thirdly, would a 500W PSU suffice?

I personally thought the first bundle was a really good deal but I might be missing something obvious.

Many thanks and merry christmas :grinthumb

The first bundle uses an ECS motherboard which is a total piece of crap. Stay as far away from Elitegroup stuff as you can. The second one doesn't seem too bad for a general use machine.

Don't bother going for either. Try these parts separately instead:

Comes to about the same price, but delivers better performance and the memory is of better quality and more reliable.

Hi, Flash. I'd stay away from ECS, too. A lot of customers have been dissatisfied with their products. I use ASUS, but I'm not a gamer, so the mid-range ASUS boards suits me fine. Rage has a very nice combination going so I'd go with his advice.

Thanks for the advice guys.

- For about an extra £30 I like the look of this processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 - Would the difference in performance over the one Rage suggested make it worthwhile? Thanks again.

I've decided to go for these three components:

Motherboard

Memory

Processor

I'm just wondering if anyone has any idea how many RAM banks the motherboard has since it doesn't say in the specs, and I'd probably want to buy more memory in the near future because at the moment my budget is stretched rather thin.

I think they should all get along nicely, and with a 9600GT could I expect a decent gaming experience?

God, MSI is crap too. Why are you picking out all these POS manufacturers? Are you a masochist?

Gigabyte or Asus. Stay away from all this other garbage... You'll thank us later.

Agreed. Stick with the top two manufacturers for the best reliability and support.

The RAM looks okay, although I'd still recommend the OCZ kit I picked earlier over the one you've picked. And you've decided to go with the E7300 I see, nice choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back