CPU not running at 800Mhz FSB !!! Plz help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ligar

I have...

Win XP Pro DX 9.0c (not SP1)
Asus K8V SE Deluxe
MSI FX 5900ZT 128MB
Corsair Value Select 2x256mm DIMS @ DDR 400mhz CAS 3.0ns
In my BIOS when I go to my "JumperFree" (wtf?) options menue, it allows me to adjust the voltage to my hardwares and also allows me to change my CPU's speed and FSB.

I'f i'm not mistaken, my CPU has an FSB of 800mhz yet I can only set it to a maximum of 300mhz ????

Whats even worse is that when I do set it to 300mhz, my system fails to boot and I must go back and re-set it to the default 200mhz :mad:

Whats going on here?

Is it a memory threshold or something?

Hope you guys can help cos I rea;;y wann play my games at 800mhz FSB. Extra frames :bounce:

Some motherboards require that your memory speed be equal to the FSB speed. However, I've only seen that on AMD based motherboards. Try reading your motherboard instruction manual or e-mail the company. Good Luck!

First of all the Athlon64 does ntot even have an FSB. It is connected to the rest of the rest of the system through HyperTransport link.
VIA K8T800 core logic

VIA's platform for the Athlon64 is the K8T800. It's offered in two varieties, the server/workstation version for the Opteron processor and the Performance PC platform for the Athlon64. Both versions use the VT8237 Southbridge. The major selling point for VIA's chipset is that it features a faster Hypertransport link (800Mhz DDR for an effective 1.6Ghz) between the CPU and the chipset than the offerings from the other companies.

As the K8T800 uses a 16-bit (meaning 16bits of data in each Hypertransport packet) link, this enables the path to reach a maximum bandwidth of 3.2GB/s (1.6Ghz * 16 / 8) in each direction for a rather impressive maximum theoretical bandwidth of 6.4GB/s.
In the BIOS, your HyperTransport link needs to be set to 200. Anything above that is overclocking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back