CPU or Motheboard QUESTION ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattz

Well I have a major problem trying to decide if its a motherboard or cpu .When I start up my computer and the only thing that works is the cpu fan ,The hard drive don't spin seems like its not getting power the cd rom won't open or the light won't turn on.I have a new power supply cause I thought that was the problem but I was wrong .I check the memory and they are fine ? Plus I get a blank screen ? I have a ASUS a7s333 2.0ghz 1gb memory (pc2100) 80g hd Winsxp~32video,nic 10/100

You have checked the memory and that works?
Then it could be the graphics card - check that in another machine and see if it works.
If its nither of them then it probeberly is your CPU or Motherboard. Check the CPU in another machine if one is handy. Other than that its just guess work

Steg

Are you sure all the power leads are connected properly? Some motherboards have a fan connector which must have a working fan attached or else it will invoke heat protection. That is worth checking as well.

Connections should be one of the first thing you check when encountering issues of this nature...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back