TechSpot

CPU Overclocking Software

By nissanman
Jul 5, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi all, does anyone know of any software that would let me overclock my CPU's clock speed? I would do it from my bios but that only lets me overclock the fsb and i dont want to do that. I wanna overclock my Pentium III 800Mhz cpu to 1Ghz and leave the FSB as 133Mhz.

Thanks, Nissanman
  2. pdyckman@comcas

pdyckman@comcas TS Rookie Posts: 718

Curios...why not a nudge to the FSB?
  3. nissanman

nissanman TS Maniac Topic Starter Posts: 362

The FSB is already fast enough for me and i would rather the clock speed at 1Ghz then 800Mhz.
  4. beef_jerky4104

beef_jerky4104 Banned Posts: 1,094

The higher the FSB the higher the clock speed.
  5. nissanman

nissanman TS Maniac Topic Starter Posts: 362

Is their anyway i can leave my fsb how it is and overclock my cpu clock via software and not the BIOS? I dont want to change the FSB, just the Clock.

Thanks, Nissanman
  6. pdyckman@comcas

pdyckman@comcas TS Rookie Posts: 718

Why are you so stubborn about this FSB thing? If it is the only thing that will adjust, try it. Ask the internet your software question if no answers here.
  7. ChrisLam

ChrisLam TS Rookie Posts: 104

nissanman

Try ClockGen. Just search it at google.com and you'll find it. Once installed, find info about your system using google and choose the correct clock for the clock setup. Then, use Clock Control to overclock your processor. But sometimes this raises both the FSB and mulitiplier.

If you don't want to change the FSB, try changing the multiplier.
  8. thehacker

thehacker TS Enthusiast Posts: 176

how can i find info about my system by google...plz help
  9. ChrisLam

ChrisLam TS Rookie Posts: 104

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.