I recently upgraded my PC to this configuration:
Processor: AMD FX-8320
Motherboard: ASUS M5A97 R2.0
Video Card: ATI RADEON HD 5770
RAM: Kingston HyperX 2 x 4 GB DDR3 1600 MHz
Hard Disk: Western Digital 1TB Blue SATA3
PSU: Thermaltake 530W SMART SERIES

My CPU temperature is extremely high.
When I'm not doing anything it's around 40 celsius, but I recently played Battlefield 3 and COD Ghosts and it shut down. The temperature was about 95 celsius.
What is happening to my CPU? :(

Are you using the stock cooler? I have the same CPU and ended up replacing the stock cooler because of bad temperatures. How is the rest of your system's cooling situation? The highest recommended temperature that CPU is rated for is 62C for the processor and 72C for the AM3+ socket.

When you replaced it, did you replace the Thermal Interface Material? That would have been the sticky stuff on top of your old CPU chip.

The easiest thing you can do to help keep your computer cool is to give it a little breathing room by removing any obstacles to air flow.

Make sure there's nothing sitting right against any side of the computer, especially the back. Most of the hot air flows out of the back end of the computer case. There should be at least 2 to 3 inches open on either side and the back should be completely open and unobstructed.

If your computer is hidden away inside a desk, make sure the door isn't closed all the time. Cool air enters from the front and sometimes from the sides of the case. If the door is closed all day, hot air tends to recycle inside the desk, getting hotter and hotter the longer the computer is running.

Back