CPU overload

Status
Not open for further replies.

noleson

I am having a problem with a virus that is causing my cpu to run at max capacity. When i open the task manager and click on the processes tab, the process labeled System is at 98 or 99 and the System Idle Process is at 0. I have ran Housecall and McAfee virus scans and Ad-Aware and they detected nothing. I haven't run system restore yet, but if that is the next best option, then i will do that. please any help would be appreciated.

I just got rid of the W32.Myzor.FK@yf virus. Could that have an impact on my system?

Nick

Well, if I were you I'd try Spybot and Windows Defender. You should have no problem finding Spybot for free download from google and Windows Defender can be found on the Microsoft homepage for download (it's something free and useful from MicroSoft).

If running these two doesn't improve matters, or downloading them in the first place is just too much (I belive Windows Defender would have to be directly downloaded to that machine), I'd Google your entire process list, bar ones that you absolutely utterly know beyond doubt what they are (you'll have to type the name in the search field box). It sounds like it's almost certain to be a worm, so I'd be sure and check that any process called svcchost has only one 'c' in it (Ah LSassW32 I remember you well).

Or was it LSass... Could it have been another. Well whoever it was, you took a week of my life I'll never have again. Oh when will the pain cease? When will they realise that those of us forced to work with microsoft products are the victims of such a crime, not microsoft themselves?

Oh and I hope my previous, constructive post helps.

i feel your pain man. that W32.Myzor.FK@yf virus was a pain and coused lots of frustrations. i think i lost most of the hair that i had left dealing with that one. especialy after it came back..... argggg. oh well. thanks for the help.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

noleson: Go HERE and follow the instructions. Start at step 3, then do step 1 and so on.

Post a fresh HJT log, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Thanks

it looks like that took care of it. Kapersky found 2 trojans on my system and took care of them. here is the HJT log file.

Thanks

Nick

noleson said:
i feel your pain man. that W32.Myzor.FK@yf virus was a pain and coused lots of frustrations. i think i lost most of the hair that i had left dealing with that one. especialy after it came back..... argggg. oh well. thanks for the help.

If you've got a solution for this worm I'm sure Olivia would appreciate some help with it. The thread is called W32.Myzor.FK@yf so you won't have much trouble finding it. It's also one of todays posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back