TechSpot

Cpu Running to hard Can you help?

By mista409
Jul 6, 2006
  1. Ok,I just bought a newp4s800d-x motherboard,I took my p4 478 socket chip out the dell 8300 I had to put it in the new mother board,now it seems like it doesnt want to run stable or something,when I run programs like fruity loops,its using high cpu numbers and it start skipping,windows media player skips too,overall it just jumps heer and there,dont know why,anybody have a clue? Is it the proccessor?

Oh yah,I am using dells ram also, ddr400 sdram dimms.

2. KingCody

KingCody TS Evangelist Posts: 992   +8

what do you mean by "high CPU numbers"???

did you clean all the old paste off the CPU and heatsink with isopropyl alcohol and apply new thermal paste prior to installing it in your new board? if not then there's a good chance that it's overheating

3. korrupt

korrupt TS Rookie Posts: 716

Yes, it is probably overheating.

Also, in your coming posts, please use proper english and vocabulary, you are hard to understand and this makes our job hard.

Regards,

Korrupt

4. KingCody

KingCody TS Evangelist Posts: 992   +8

i had no problem reading his english.

it wasn't perfect but I got what he was saying. not everybody is a grammer and vocabulary expert, nor is it a requirement of this forum to be one. also english may not be his first language.

next time try to welcome a new member, instead of criticizing them ;)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.