TechSpot

CPU Speed PROBLEM!?

By Shane1244
Jul 18, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey, Im not sure if thsi is how it is supposed to be, but if i could get another 600 MHz out of my processor, that would be awsome. Please refer to the picture below. See how it says Pentium 4 2.6GHZ, 2.0 GHz Im not sure what this means?

[​IMG]
  2. MetalX

MetalX TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,909

What type of computer do you have? We need to know either the model (if it's from an OEM) or the hardware configuration.
  3. GeekieNick101

GeekieNick101 TS Rookie Posts: 524

Are you using the Speed Step technology since normally how Intel places speeds is by 600mhz on average not always though
  4. sledgus

sledgus TS Rookie Posts: 150

Yeah i'm really interested to know why it says that too.. Can anyone help?
  5. MetalX

MetalX TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,909

It's not always by 600MHz. Intel reduces the multiplier on the CPU to lower it's speed (if it supports SpeedStep).
  6. pdyckman@comcas

pdyckman@comcas TS Rookie Posts: 718

On my machine it shows the "corrected" amount of speed that's actually happening. In other words, I have 3.4 GHZ listed at the top, but in the spot that you highlighted my stats sat 3.39GHZ. Like that's the (actual) speed that I am getting.
  7. CMH

CMH TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,573   +9

It shows slight differences, not a whopping 600mhz difference.

I'm betting speedstep, or you might want to go into BIOS and tinker around with CPU settings.
  8. sledgus

sledgus TS Rookie Posts: 150

I've seen this problem before, but it just randomly went away??

Odd huh.. :S
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.