TechSpot

CPU Speed PROBLEM!?

By Shane1244
Jul 18, 2007
  1. Hey, Im not sure if thsi is how it is supposed to be, but if i could get another 600 MHz out of my processor, that would be awsome. Please refer to the picture below. See how it says Pentium 4 2.6GHZ, 2.0 GHz Im not sure what this means?

[​IMG]

2. MetalX

MetalX TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,388

What type of computer do you have? We need to know either the model (if it's from an OEM) or the hardware configuration.

3. GeekieNick101

GeekieNick101 TS Rookie Posts: 373

Are you using the Speed Step technology since normally how Intel places speeds is by 600mhz on average not always though

4. sledgus

sledgus TS Rookie Posts: 115

Yeah i'm really interested to know why it says that too.. Can anyone help?

5. MetalX

MetalX TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,388

It's not always by 600MHz. Intel reduces the multiplier on the CPU to lower it's speed (if it supports SpeedStep).

6. pdyckman@comcas

pdyckman@comcas TS Rookie Posts: 527

On my machine it shows the "corrected" amount of speed that's actually happening. In other words, I have 3.4 GHZ listed at the top, but in the spot that you highlighted my stats sat 3.39GHZ. Like that's the (actual) speed that I am getting.

7. CMH

CMH TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,039   +9

It shows slight differences, not a whopping 600mhz difference.

I'm betting speedstep, or you might want to go into BIOS and tinker around with CPU settings.

8. sledgus

sledgus TS Rookie Posts: 115

I've seen this problem before, but it just randomly went away??

Odd huh.. :S

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.