CPU Start up cannot see anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

chase24

the problem is the cpu fell to the floor 1 ft from its place. so when i connected the cpu to the monitor and power it up. the fans are okay and it seems normal but the monitor don't detect any signal from the cpu so i can't see anything.

i tried to check the inside if some parts are loosen or not in its right place, they seem to be okay.

what should i do now?

before this happened, i was having a problem with the windows itself because it crashed when i downloaded something, it might be a virus. but the bios was okay and then the cpu fell to the floor now im not sure if the mobo is still fine. help me please...

Hi Chase

What you say the monitor doesn't detect a signal from the CPU? what do you mean by that

Also when you dropped the CPU did it land with the small pins hitting the floor or the top of the CPU (the silver casing)

Thanks

what i meant was the monitor cannot detect the video input signal so it won't show anything while the cpu power is on. it landed upside down, i don't think the pins got hit.
my friend told me that he don't think any parts is damaged because when i power up the cpu the fans are working the video card fan is working, and he saw the light that blinks when the mobo reads something so he said the mobo is okay. he thinks it could be the virus that is already eating up the hard drive but if it's the hard drive how come i don't see the bios in the monitor?
my pc is brand new so he said that my mobo is tough that will not damage easily when drop in 1 ft.

could a cpu get easily damage when drop in 1 ft?

my PC is brand new so he said that my mobo is tough that will not damage easily when drop in 1 ft.

Ive gotta disagree with your friend here unfortunately. A CPU can definitely get damaged with that sort of drop. The pins especially are very delicate and don't take punishment easily.

he thinks it could be the virus that is already eating up the hard drive but if it's the hard drive how come i don't see the bios in the monitor

Ive got to disagree with that to. If it was eating the hard drive then it would just either give you a stop error on boot or at least give you a display

I think you could either have a RAM problem or something else (obviously the something else).

Have you tried resetting the CMOS?

Take a look at my instructions on another page HERE its under point 7. Follow that and reset and then power up again and see what happens.

If that doesn't work take out the RAM and re seat it making sure you haven't got any dust in there and then report back.

IC's are delicate, and if it suffered a severe enough shock from a fall, the chip can be damaged- whether or not the cpu landed on pins or not.

Ive gotta disagree with your friend here unfortunately. A CPU can definitely get damaged with that sort of drop. The pins especially are very delicate and don't take punishment easily.

Ive got to disagree with that to. If it was eating the hard drive then it would just either give you a stop error on boot or at least give you a display

I think you could either have a RAM problem or something else (obviously the something else).

Have you tried resetting the CMOS?

Take a look at my instructions on another page HERE its under point 7. Follow that and reset and then power up again and see what happens.

If that doesn't work take out the RAM and re seat it making sure you haven't got any dust in there and then report back.

Bro i couldn't find it, there's a lot of parts that's blocking the motherboard. later i will bring it to my friend's friend who owns a pc repair shop and tell about the cmos reset. is problem a worst one? because it would be hard for me if the mobo is damaged, my cpu is bought in u.s. and i live in philippines. the hp center here is closed until jan. 5 can it be repaired if some pins is broken?
i don't care about the crashed hard drive files anymore, as long as i could still use my cpu without replacing something i would be glad. thanks for your help...

can it be repaired if some pins is broken

if you were to get a CPU repaired they would basically laugh at you take your money and make you buy a new one anyway so in answer no

I wouldn't think there is anything wrong with the motherboard as you haven't done anything to it so i don't think that's broken.

The only other thing i could think of is were you put the parts when you took them out. If the chip fell on a carpet or if your graphics card touched the carpet either could have been damaged by static electricity which will have killed the components. However unfortunately to this there is no way of telling

if you were to get a CPU repaired they would basically laugh at you take your money and make you buy a new one anyway so in answer no

I wouldn't think there is anything wrong with the motherboard as you haven't done anything to it so i don't think that's broken.

The only other thing i could think of is were you put the parts when you took them out. If the chip fell on a carpet or if your graphics card touched the carpet either could have been damaged by static electricity which will have killed the components. However unfortunately to this there is no way of telling

i brought the cpu to my friend's friend technician, the jumper in the ram part were just loosen. no components were damaged. problem solve =) again thanks for your help.

HAHA well thats a first ive had ever seen i feel quite ahsamed now :eek: you freinds freind technitian should get a pat on the back.

Well done :p

HAHA well thats a first ive had ever seen i feel quite ahsamed now :eek: you freinds freind technitian should get a pat on the back.

Well done :p

haha don't be, now i have a new problem. he's recovering some files from the crashed hdd and some have bad sector. last time i checked from him there's already 15 gb of bad sector from 750gb of my hd and still scanning. such a waste since the computer is new. can bad sector still be repaired and be use? maybe it suffered from falling or shutting it down manually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back