CPU/System Temperature!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharkFiNbowL

Is 44 degrees system temperature and 53 CPU temperature considered very high or normal or what? I'm worry that it's going to overheat and die.

If that's degrees Celcius (C) you're talking about then only 9 degrees above system temp is extremely good, though 44 C is very high for system temp (more case fans required). If it's Fahrenheit then I suggest you wear something warm, and put a tea cosy on that cpu to stop it freezing. :D

that sounds good to me - my XP2100+ runs at about 58 when gaming and 52-54 general use - sys temp about 38
and thats not overclocked

Steg

Chill out dude! Your temperatures are normal. If i m not mistaken AMD XP are able to sustain up to temperatures of 70c.

my temps

My MB temp currently runs 33 celcius.

My CPU was running 42-47 celcius with stock heatsink/cooling fan from ABS computers. My CPU fan started to die this week with RPMs less than 1000, and my CPU started to overheat. I bought a Thermaltake Volcano 11+ and now my CPU temp is 38-40 celcius.

(Originally posted by Nic) If it's Fahrenheit then I suggest you wear something warm, and put a tea cosy on that cpu to stop it freezing.

lol that's a good one.

I agree with Nic that Ur Cpu temp is fine but you do hav a suprisingly warm case temp. I'd get some Vantec Stealth fans (if you like quiet) but if you're like me then GET SOME VANTEC TORNADOES WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. They are damn good but damn noisy hehe......:D

it goes something like that

Mine is 43 on the system, but about 71 on the CPU (with a few things running). That's with a heatsink and fan on the CPU.

Its an AMD 3200. Should I be worried?

Seems a little hot to me

I start getting some errors when my CPU gets to 70 C.
At present my MB is at 24 C and my CPU is at 39 C. Athlon 2800. You may want to look at some better fans. My 400 Watt power supply comes with two fans. I have two case fans, one in front and one in back. I have my new Thermaltake volcano 11, which is loud but does a great job on my cpu and also lowered my MB temp another 6 degrees C.

70 C? I though you guys were on about fahrenheit!! That is pretty high if it's celcius. Volcano 11 is a wicked cooler. I used to hav one.

Yes, its Celcius. I've managed to add another fan, switch a couple of things around. The CPU is now at 64c/147f. System is 34c/93f

Should be ok I guess...

Celcius or not I wouldnt worry about it, however I must say I wouldnt expect your CPU to be running that hot.. what kind of cooling do you have?

Interestingly enough I recently had this problem with my AMD 3200. It was running at around 70-72 C and the thermal protection kept tripping out and crashing the machine. I tried everything to fix it as I had a decent heatsink and fan (speeze) on the processor. Anyway I eventually worked out that it was actually the small foam pads on the processor that were stopping the heatsink connecting with the processor. (I removed the heatsink and the processor still had a thick layer of silver paste.) So I used a scalpel to shave off a few microns of foam and bingo! I now have a crash proof system with the CPU running between 46 and 51 depending on activity and a system temperature of 35C.

Anyway, I hope my experience helps! :)

My case temp is around 27° C, and CPU (celeron northwood) under heavy load is at 38° C maximum.
But a question:
i will change the CPU to a Celeron Prescott @2.8GHZ, what is the normal temperature of it under heavy load? And Idle?

for the prescott celeron the temp should be around 40 celcius idle and 60 heavy load give or take a few degrees depending on other factors..i.e. fans, airflow, etc.

Download a program called speedfan or look at the motherboards manafacturer, IE.
ASUS = ASUSPROBE
GIGABYTE = EASYTUNE

get my drift? most manafacturers have one but otherwise speedfan is pretty accurate.

Hello I think i got a problem..
my e6850 running at stock 3.0ghz is only 46*F/8*C
when playing ut3 under full settings it goes to 66*F/19*C and system is24*C/75*F)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back