Cpu upgrade. now no video?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dae_amp_ika_dtp

ok. i just upgraded an old system form a 950mhz athlon. to a 1200athlon. the cpu seem like its fine. everything powers up, i get no beeps, cd roms try booting. the only problem is there is no video at all. so i reinstalled the 950mhz and it worked fine. one thing that showed up is it said was that there is a graphic driver conflict?(with the 950mhz,with 1200 no video at all). after that message apeared i got bsod and i pressed the "any" key and it got me out of it. then the graphics crashed. its weird cause i didnt do any changes to drivers. but just 30 minutes before upgrading the cpu, i upgraded the bios from version 5-v13. but what would that have to do with causeing graphic driver conflicts? anyone have any suggestions? heres some quick specs
2x512mb sdram
1x128mb sdram
1.2 athlon
450 watt psu
2 dvd drives
100gb hd
10gb hd
128mb evga fx5200

Are you sure that your mobo supports the faster processor?

It could be that the new bios has changed some device addressing to overcome a problem that the original bios may have had. Its possible, but there's no way to be %100 sure.

It looks like you may well have mismatched ram, are they all the same speed? And density?

well the ram is working fine. same speed. same density. the motherboard supports the faster cpu. if everything appears normal but no video. can that indicate that the cpu is good? i noticed it doesnt get hot compared to the 950.

man i think i really screwed up my mombo. either the bios upgrade was BS. or i completely disatatched a white trace wire. it randomly frezes now. i have no clue whats up..

What do you mean by "white trace wire"??? can you take a pic of it and post it up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back