CPU upgrade

I need new mother board so im going to upgrade my CPU at the same time .its a hp laptop G62-460TX.mother board 637584-001 with CPU socket type 989 .at the moment it cpu is intel twin core m370 2.4ghz.I want to replace it with a quad core 2.5 ghz but cant find out on the net what to replace it ith or should I say I dont know how to intep.it all can some on pleas help wazza

Not trying to discourage you, but have you ever replaced a motherboard in a laptop before? I have and it certainly was a pain to get done correctly. Honestly, if you do not have much experience doing these types of things, your best bet is to buy a newer laptop. Laptops and Desktops are almost two different worlds when it comes to hardware. Changing hardware out on a desktop is easier because you have more room, whereas laptops are compact and compressed down and much more difficult to swap out parts (especially Motherboards and CPUs because they have to be compatible with the laptop casing so that you do not have spacing or heating issues). You also might run into the problem that the hardware might not connect properly to the new motherboard (ie. Laptop Monitor wires not able to connect). Again, I'm not trying to discourage you, but if you want the change to be as easy as possible, you should look for a replacement motherboard that will work as a direct swap out to the old one.

Back