CPU Upgrage Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone; forgive my ignorance but can someone please tell me if a Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz 2 x 4MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Quad-Core Processor is compatible with Intel® Desktop Board D975XBX (not the BX2), or do I need to upgrade to the BX2? Thanks....

Yes, the Q6600 and D975XBX should be compatible. I found it on several sources. One can be found Here another Here

Sean

eroz said:
Or by going to Intel's website here!

That is the XBX2. The OP is referring to the XBX. I could not find the board the OP was talking about on Intel's page, (granted I didnt look too too hard)

EDIT after looking a bit I found the offical Intel pageHere and it does not as support quad core CPUs. I can seem to find that backed up anywhere else, everyone seems to have no problem with the Q6600 and XBX so I am not sure which to believe.

AtK SpAdE said:
That is the XBX2. The OP is referring to the XBX. I could not find the board the OP was talking about on Intel's page, (granted I didnt look too too hard)

EDIT after looking a bit I found the offical Intel pageHere and it does not as support quad core CPUs. I can seem to find that backed up anywhere else, everyone seems to have no problem with the Q6600 and XBX so I am not sure which to believe.

Wow you are right.....I didn't notice that 2. Apparently Revision 304 975XBX motherboard allows it to use the Q6600, but I am unable to find any literature other than on other forums.

*edit* which you also show in one of your links....

Appreciate the input guys; I have built a system before but when it comes to software/tweaking I am horrendous so I may just get a new board as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back