TechSpot

CPU Usage:  100%

By souton
May 15, 2007
  1. inside i've included 2 pics, my task manager of whats running and a pic of my cpu usage jumping up to 100% and staying there. everything is super slow. please help. all i did was cut the computer on

Attached Files:

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Go and read this thread HERE and post a HJT log as an attachment into this thread.

Regards Howard :)

3. mikescorpio81

mikescorpio81 TS Rookie Posts: 293

Looks like your spooler service (printer). It's at 99 CPU usage in your Pic.

Open a command prompt (Start - Run - Type: cmd - hit Enter) and type the following:

net stop spooler (hit Enter)
    net start spooler (hit Enter)

That should do it by the looks of it ...

4. kitty500cat

kitty500cat TS Evangelist Posts: 2,154   +6

If it's the correct spoolsv.exe, Mike's info should work. However, it could be malicious and just running from a different location.

You should follow Howard's advice and post a HijackThis log into this thread.

Regards :)

5. jobeard

jobeard TS Ambassador Posts: 9,348   +622

next time you take a screen shot of the Taskmanager, click the column heading
    CPU twice; this will display the process names in the order of CPU usage :)

6. souton

souton TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 106

rofl i forgot i posted this. must've been highly intoxicated. yea it was the printer problem, i found out my mom tried to install printer drivers and yes she doesn't know anything. i fixed it thanks

7. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

I`m glad you found the source of your problem and thanks for letting us know.

Regards Howard :)

8. RamenNoodles

RamenNoodles TS Rookie Posts: 83

Now that is good. You did a pretty good job at posting those screenshots and attempting to tell us your problem even while intoxicated.

9. cutecute

cutecute TS Rookie

Hi Everyone,

I'm new memeber here just joined since last week.Can I post some Server question here ? Thanks.

Regards,
    Cutecute

10. kitty500cat

kitty500cat TS Evangelist Posts: 2,154   +6

Hi cutecute.

Please go here, find the appropriate forum for your question, and click the New Thread button near the top left of that forum's page.

Regards :)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.