CPU-video card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right....So what im looking at is either an intel pentium D 925, 3 GHZ processor, or an AMD X2 3800+ with 2 GHZ...

i dont know much, so which would be a better choice? i dont know if dual core matters against an extra 1 GHZ of speed

my main use for the computer will be to play wow and surf the internet, play/download music, instant messaging, and maybe word processing at the same time

the video card i would be using is a 256MB NVIDIA GeForce 7500LE, this systtem is built by HP...good enough? thoughts, comments?

Hello aaron1, and welcome to Techspot :wave: ! I think it really depends on you personal preference, for instance, I like AMD even though it isn't as good as the Intel Core 2 Duo...Look at some benchmarks so you can see what out matches...

Are you replacing the motherboard? You can't use AMD and Intel in the same motherboard (although I can't wait for the day :unch:).

If you're going to replace the motherboard too, then the Athlon X2 3800+ should be the best choice. It's going to be faster than the Pentium D, especially when gaming.

But if your current computer has the socket T (LGA 775), and you're not going to change the motherboard, then the Pentium D should be enough...

"Are you replacing the motherboard?" im buying a system from HP, i would hope that all hardware would be compatible =P...this is a new computer..sow ith 2 gigs of ram and the video card i mentioned, i should be satisfied, right? i want to be able to play at about 35-40 fps....right now im playing at about 5, so it doesnt take mucht o make me happy >.<

im trying to decide what processor i want to choose, im buying it online and i can customize it. there is an amd system and an intel system

thankl you very much for your help, but any thoughts on my video card and wow performance?

As wolfram said, the AMD would be better for gaming. Although the Pebtium D would probably be a better solution for office work.

BTW, Wolfram, how'd you get the nice green? I know it's approval, but only mods got it all green, I thought?

I don't know Cfitzarl.... Maybe someone gave me a vote :)
Check your ranking again, it should be a little green ;) (Cfitzarl will become famous soon enough) :)

And Aaron1, the 7500LE is a low end card. It may run WoW, but if you can choose another one, it would be nice.

alright....well, im REALLY stuck on a budget of $1000...i cant seem to find a better card through an hp system...so could you throw something together for me on cyberpower or something under that price? it may be asking a bit much, but it would help alot <333

What about this:

$1034.00
(before all applicable rebates)

CASE: CyberPower X-Titan Tower 420Watt Case with 8 Open Bays & Side Window (BLACK COLOR)
CPU: (Socket AM2) AMD Athlon™64 X2 3800+ Dual-Core CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology
MOTHERBOARD: (Socket AM2)MSI K9N4 SLI-F nForce 500 SLI Chipset DDR2/800 SATA-II RAID MBoard w/ Dual 16x PCI-Express
MEMORY: (Req.DDR2 MainBoard)1GB (2x512MB) PC6400 DDR2/800 Dual Channel Memory (Corsair Value Select or Major Brand)
VIDEO CARD: SPECIAL!!! NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS 256MB 16X PCI Express (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)
VIDEO CARD 2: NONE
LCD Monitor: ViewSonic Q19WB 19" 5ms Response Time COLOR TFT Active Matrix SXGA LCD Display Monitor (Black)
HARD DRIVE: Single Hard Drive (160GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 8MB Cache 7200RPM HDD)
Data Hard Drive: NONE
Optical Drive: (Special Price) 18X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE DUAL LAYER (BLACK COLOR)
Optical Drive 2: NONE
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/CFGAM2.asp?v=d

You can always change parts. That would be a nice PC...

and i dont even want a mintor. awesome =]

shouldnt i get the *recommended* 500w PSU, or is the included 420 enough?

Probably the 500w, although I don't think they would sell a psu if it wouldn't work. Good Luck :D !

Hmmm, if you can afford it, the Enermax 535W PSU should be the best choice. You don't want to kill that system, right?

Then you need to use a good quality PSU ;)

EDIT: Look HERE. It may help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back