CPU-Z & Performance mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi,

i just upgraded my ram to dual channel 1gb/pc3200 (hyperx - khx3200ak2/1gb) from 512mb/pc2700 & changed the bios accordingly but cpu-z detected that performance mode is off.... what do i miss out?

thanks

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

This is taken from the CPU Z website.

Note for Asus mainboards users : latest Asus mainboards (K8V, A8V) include a performance mode mechanism, that allows to automatically optimize some settings in order to improve performances. When a performance mode is used, the BIOS may lock the access to SPD. In order to get SPD information, please set the performance mode to "Auto" within the BIOS.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

If you have an Asus mainboard and are having issues with this, please reply with your precise model Asus motherboard and BIOS version.

For many Asus Intel mainboards, this option has a pretty good impact on performance as it reduces latencies and improves memory bandwidth. It can be very tricky to get established though and has some BIOS dependent gotchas to get around.

mobo is asus p4p800-x & 800fsb 3ghz. i tried everything from spd to auto, mam auto & fresh install xp with sp2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back