Crack file showing up as virus-How do I stop it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to install a winzippro10 with a crack file on my fiancee's computer and it is showing up as a virus because she uses trendmicro pccillin. I have it installed on my machine just fine, so I'm sure it's just trendmicro pccillin detecting it as malicious software.

I know it's not a virus. Just a malicious file that her anti-vir is picking up on...

I uninstalled it from her machine and deleted all the program files I could find but trendmicro pccillin is still picking up a file called CRCK.WINZIP.A or something close to that (I don't have the exact name available at this moment.)

Does anyone know what I need to do to make that stop? I'm guessing that there is probably a registry entry that needs deleting or something like that, but I don't where to look or what do. I've run a file search and manually searched everywhere I can think of.

The crack was done by replacing the winzip icon inside the program file after installing it normally...

Help, she's gonna kill me if I can't make it stop!

its likely that no one will answer this question, as it is illegal use of protected software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back