Crackling and stuttering speakers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sadbluescreener

Hi. My MSI GX630 gives a lot of problems, like during playback of any audio file, even those that are just part of a program (eg Windows Live Messenger), there's a noticeable crackling sound coming from the speakers. I also notice this crackling when external speakers or headphones are attached although it's a bit less noticeable with headphones. I was looking around on the net and found a thread where someone mentioned that heat could be a cause, or something to that effect.
Also when playing some audio files with VLC media player i sometimes hear a stutter during the playback. This also happened a few times while i watched some Youtube videos.
Could someone offer any assistance/explanation please.

PS I have the latest Realtek drivers.

is there any software i can use to make sure i have the latest and correct drivers? i use uniblue driverscanner but apparently my audio drivers were out of date and it didn't show any warnings. so now that i've updated the drivers to Realtek R2.25 i've gotten rid of the crackling but the stuttering still occurs, sometimes while im loading a page on the net or just randomly during playback. i'll try to reinstall the chipset drivers now. thanks for that suggestion.

running vista? if yes, do check your default format in sound settings.
like example my realtek, stutter in 24/96 configuration...

right hand below corner > right click volume icon > playback devices > click properties for your default devices > go advanced > set it to 24bit /48khz for example.

ah okay thank you. i found it thru control panel. the setting was on 24/48 by default so i put it on 28/441khz. is that ok?

well, actually its okay. the lower it is, the lower the sound quality would be.
as long as you find it acceptable, anything is okay.

did it still stutters after u change the setting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back