Crackly/distorted sound on alienware

Status
Not open for further replies.

nogills

hey guys i just got a new laptop and im having a huge problem. ANY audio that comes out of the speakers is crackly. even when i startup the system, the vista startup noise pretty much lags and sounds just...crackly! it has integrated sound btw. ive reformated twice and it doesnt fix the problem =[. pleaseeeeee help me! heres some specs:

amd turion 64 mobile technology - 2.4ghz
2gigs ram
nvidia gforce go 7900 gs
soundMAX integrated digital audio

Um.. you downloaded the newest drivers for your sound card from the Internet right? Try typing in dxdiag in the command prompt and making sure that directx is detecting your sound card. Also while in dxdiag you may want to turn down the directx "hardware sound acceleration level" under the "sound" tab. Also check out ----www.lost.eu/42bbb----

yea, i have downloaded the latest drivers. also, in dxdiag, it is detecting my sound card but there is no option to turn down hardware sound acceleration level. maybe because its an integrated soundcard im not sure.

maybe. I would install another operating system because um vista is not, um, good yet because of the non-existent SP1. Try installing Linux or XP if you have the hard drive space. If that doesnt work or you dont want to do that use headphones or non-built in speakers if you can?!!? ---www.lost.eu/42bbb---

ive also noitced the sound only distorts when my cpu using light flashes on the laptop. so pretty much whenever something is happening on the computer that takes up ram, the sound distorts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back