Crapy eMachine Computers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can som1 help me save my XP?
A few weeks ago I had just got my DSL connection installed and then I moved my computer in to my bed room. Then 2 days later wile on msn IM the computer suddenly shut down. So I booted it back up. It worked for about 10 minuts and then shut down again. So I thought I may have got a virus or something so I tried restoring it with the disk the computer came with. That worked fine. It was working good for about 110-15 minuts untill I tried to install my DSL software again. then it shut down. So I contected eMachines and told then what was going on. the sent me a new HD. and do you know what? IT STILL SHUT'S DOWN AFTER A FEW MINUTS!!!!!!! So I shuved it under my bed and draged me old 98 back out. So can any1 tell me why my computer keeps going of on me?

One more thing, every time it shuts off I heer an alarm or something. :confused:

FIX IT!!!!!!!! :bounce:

Also my CPU keeps reading at 208F :hotbounce . And I can't keep it kooled down.

208F is too hot! It sounds like your machine is automatically shutting down due to the heat, hence the alarm sound.

How long did you have your emachines system before you moved it to your bedroom and connected to DSL? Was it working fine before then? I wonder if the location in your bedroom is restricting the cooling for your machine. Otherwise, if it registers those temps no matter where the machine is, try removing your CPU heatsink, apply artic silver and replace it.

Something has gotten shifted or something with your CPU. As Grok said that is way too hot. And it is shutting down to save itself. Get some good thermal paste as artic silver and reapply it to the CPU.

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back