Crash and lockup or restart in Bad Company 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dredd

Hi,I have been having this problem since I started playing Bad Company 2 with crashing and locking up but today it actually caused my machine to reboot on its own and generated a minidump file and error message.
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x10000050 (0xe95f3a00, 0x00000008, 0xe95f3a00, 0x00000001)

I have attached the minidump and my dxdiag info.I appreciate any help anyone can give me.

Attachments

• Mini061010-01.dmp
    108 KB · Views: 4
  • DxDiag.txt
    41.8 KB · Views: 3
Your error is 0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

When we see crashes due to games the issue is almost always due to video card drivers. This is true in your case for the ATI driver ati3duag.dll was specifically cited as the cause of your crashes, etc.

1. Download Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper (both have free versions; make sure the version will work with your OS) to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest diver(s) for your video card but don't install them.

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper but ONLY for the video card drivers. I had someone use it on their chipset drivers! If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay.

4. Reboot and install new video card drivers.

Ok,tried it and it still crashed but locked up instead of reboot this time and no error message after reboot.Not sure if its the game or my system at this point.Nothing is overheating or overclocked.No messages in event viewer either.

Is your game maxed out in resolutions and settings? If so, ease back and see if that stops the freezing.

Unfortunately it is set to low on everything.I thought of that.The messed up thing is the game runs great while its running and I am using ATITRAYTOOLS and the framerates and temps are fine.My CPU is running at 80-100% most of the time but no heat issues at all.

Give us your hardware specs specifically amount of RAM installed and of course your video card.

Windows XP PRO sp2
Intel E6600 @ 2,4
Intel DP43TF mobo
Kingston VR 1024mb X4
MSI Radeon HD 4550 1G DDR3
Diamond Extreme audio 5,1 sound
Hitachi Deskstar 500G 7200 rpm SATA HD
Turbolink 550watt PS
Merc Steel series keyboard
Logitech MX518 mouse

I am not familiar with the motherboard and though I don't recognize the power supply there doesn't appear to be anything that throws a red flag up except that XP with SP2 will no longer be supported by MS come July 10th. Only XP with SP3 will be supported.

What security software are you running?

At the moment I have no anti-virus running,just malwarebytes and adaware.I was using AVG but I recently had to replace my harddrive and I havent decided if I want to use AVG or Antivir.

I am not familiar with the motherboard and though I don't recognize the power supply there doesn't appear to be anything that throws a red flag up except that XP with SP2 will no longer be supported by MS come July 10th. Only XP with SP3 will be supported.

What security software are you running?

Tried SP3 and things seemed to slow down for me.Maybe I will give it another try since I haven't tried it with this hardware setup yet.Thanks for trying to help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back