Crash on video capture (Stop: 0x000000D1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been struggling with this problem for almost a month now and haven't been able to resolve. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Specs:
P4 2.8ghz
Intel 915GAV mobo
1GB RAM
WinXP Home Edition - SP2, Directx 9.0c
Asus Extreme AX300SE/T video card (128MB) - PCI Express
ATI TV Wonder VE capture card
Wireless Network Adapter
2 HDs (non-OS HD running on a PCI IDE card)

Problem:
System goes to BSOD when attempting to do a video capture from either the ATI TV Wonder card, or from my Webcam.

I've tried updating mobo, TV card, Video card drivers and mobo bios. Still with no luck. Have tried uninstalling and re-installing drivers for the ATI card as I initially thought that was the problem. Last four minidump files are attached (Sept 14 - I've since removed these for privacy sake).

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
Thanatos

Update

Here is an update for anyone else having a similar problem.

Ok, broke down after spending hours troubleshooting and reloading and clearing drivers for ATI and bought an Hauppage PVR 150 MCE. Installed PowerDirector 4 and was able to capture and view through the Hauppage card (I've uninstalled and removed the ATI card). I'm happy with the quality of the card so far.

However, if I click on any of the sound editing features in PowerDirector, I get the same BSOD (Blue Screen of Death). I suspect there is a problem with the mobo onboard sound (Realtek) drivers. I'll be updating the drivers tonight and if that doesn't work will be disabling the onboard sound and re-installing my old SoundBlaster.

Will provide an update of this fixes the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back