Crashes inside games and out PLEASE RESPOND!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Austin44

Ok before i begin heres my specs:
Custom Stealth Case
AMD 3000+
Nvidia 6600 GT
1 gb Ram
Asus K8S-MX mobo
120 gb hd estern digital

Ok after about an hour or 2 on my computer just like surfing the net and talking on AIM my computer crashes and reboots. and about 5 minutes in battlefield 2 it crashes and reboots. I checked the temp and its at 102 f. i have a thermalike fan on my cpu and the 6600 GT has a fan on it and i have an fan on the case as well so it shouldnt be a heat problem right? i dont think i have updated my bios or mobo or whatever and i need help doing it ive updated nvidia drivers. i dont know what esle to do.

Please Help!

To stop your system from automatically restarting when there`s an error, do the following.

Right-click My Computer, and select Properties. Click the Advanced tab.
Under Startup and Recovery, click Settings to open the Startup and Recovery dialog box.
Clear the Automatically restart check box, and click OK the necessary number of times. Restart your computer for the settings to take effect.

Now instead of your system restarting when there`s an error, you should receive an error message(BSOD) telling you what caused the error.

Pay particular attention to any drivers identified in the stop message.

A list of Windows stop messages can be found HERE.

I also suggest that you test you ram for problems.

Download the Memtest86+ programme from www.memtest.org.

Let it run for at least seven passes. If you don`t have a floppy drive, then there is an iso version that you can burn to cd, and then boot from that.

Finally. What psu do you have?

A lot of computer problems are caused by faulty, or underpowered psu`s.

If your psu is a no name brand, then bear in mind that it will stuggle to put out anywhere near it`s rated power output. Even a good quality psu, only achieves about 70% efficiency.

Look HERE at this handy psu wattage calculator.

Regards Howard :)

Dude ur the coolest im not sure if it has worked sincei just did what u said but i think it will cus i get no error message and i have a probe so i know its not over heating and i know my rams good cus it checks ou tin bios and stuff but ya ill update u later.

Thanks again! :giddy:

I have a 400 watt atx psu its good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back