Crashes, with severe screaming from the speakers.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having a serious problem with my new computer. I have been running Vanguard, EQ2, and most Steam related games no problem. However yesterday my order of parts came in and so I stuck an additional 2gigs of ram, plus a 480watt power supply in my computer. (the one I replaced was 350w) Now I am having crashes and freezing, but ONLY while Im playing a game. A high pitched screaming comes from my speakers and the computer locks up. Ive checked heating issues, and everything is normal and cool, Im not overclocked, and physcially there is nothing wrong with my install or parts. Can someone give some insight into this, its getting really really annoying. (oh I also tried changing the ram from dual-channel to single, didnt help)

My computer specs are....

Athlon 64 3800+ (2.4ghz clock speed of 200mhzX12)
Foxconn NF4UK8AA-8EKRS (mobo updated to lastest bios)
7600 Geforce 512mb (PCI-E NOT overclocked)
3gigs of ram
Sound Blaster Audigy 2
480w power supply

Update sound card drivers. Also check to see if you are running the latest video card drivers.

Forgot to mention both of those, I have already done it. Both are updated to the lastest drivers. Im running MemTest to try and see if maybe its the ram... But thanks for the tip =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back