Crashing computer.. A lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, hoping someone on here will be able to help me! My computer decides to restart pretty much whenever it feels like it and announce that it's recovered from a serious error when it reboots. It does this at least once every day! I've read a bit on here about minidumps but I can't seem to get windbg to work, something to do with symbols or something...
I've attached the latest minidump file, is there anyone who could have a look for me?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Ross.

Attachments

• Mini032007-02.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 6
One minidump is not enough to provide any real help with this problem. It points to a Memory Corruption that really has nothing to do with memory usually. Have you installed new drivers or changed any hardware or software?

Also, list your complete PC specifications, including the PSU (Power Supply Unit) details which you can find by posting a screenshot of or stating the information from the sticker on it. In addition, tell us if you've smelled any wierd burning smells or any other stuff like that.

Rage_3K_Moiz said:
Also, list your complete PC specifications, including the PSU (Power Supply Unit) details which you can find by posting a screenshot of or stating the information from the sticker on it. In addition, tell us if you've smelled any wierd burning smells or any other stuff like that.

Yeah its good to know if there is a fire in the computer :p

Anyhow sounds like a heat related problem, first thing I would check is to make sure your cpu fan is running and then the power supply fan. If you have a case fan check that also.

Other then that it could be a failure in any of the parts that make up your computer.

I would not put a picture of your Microsoft sticker online , make and model is all one needs to find out whats in your PC

I once walked into my office and smelled electrical burning. Both computers were still up and running. The next day, one computer was off, and wouldn't come back on. Looking inside, I saw a few capacitors that were exploded on the motherboard...

What are the details of the "serious error" announcements. Do you get a BSOD or other type of message.

When you have tried the above; overheating and Power Supply failure, look into Bad Capacitors on the MB. Here is a site with some guidance:

http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.cfm?articleID=195

This is a list of only some of the brands that have shown capacitor failures in large numbers. Most were purchased before 2006:
1. Abit
2. A-Open
3. ECS
4. EPOX
5. Gateway
6. Hewlett Packard
7. Intel
8. MSI
9. Shuttle
10. Soyo
11. Tyan
12. Via

Tmagic650 said:
I once walked into my office and smelled electrical burning. Both computers were still up and running. The next day, one computer was off, and wouldn't come back on. Looking inside, I saw a few capacitors that were exploded on the motherboard...

Yeah I have done the same thing, upgrading a computer on site had everything installed but the CPU fan , thought np fire it up then goto van and get a fan. Came back machine still had video, office smelled like a burning wire bundle X100 and cpu had a big hole in the middle of it :p

So yes I know it can happen :)

Thanks for the replies!

The PC is a novatech complete system comprising:-

AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Processor,
PSU is FSP Group Inc. HH-300ATX(PF),
1024 unbranded RAM,
MB is Winfast 6100K8MA

All the fans are working ok and i don't get a BSOD...
The PC is less than 6 months old so i'ts had loads of drivers / programs etc. installed since it came (incl. XP).

I'll have a look at the capacitor information now.

Again thanks for the help, feel free to post any other theories!!

Ross.

Ok, after reading that article, i've checked all the capacitors and they all look as new with no bulging or leakage etc.

I've attached a few more minidumps in case this might help!

Thanks.

Ross.

i was having continuous crashing problems recently. Pretty brutal crashes. Was directed to various potential probs, PSU, mobo, RAM. turned out to be windows. No idea how! I took the risk of I formatting, (i hate doing this) and reinstalled XP and havent had a problem since. If its not too much hassle i suggest give it a try cuz well it worked for me and i thought that it was the least likely of all problems. good luck

be patient

tingleyross said:
Ok, after reading that article, i've checked all the capacitors and they all look as new with no bulging or leakage etc.

I've attached a few more minidumps in case this might help!

Thanks.

Ross.

New Minidumps:

More Memory Corruptions and ntkrnlpa.sys calls

Replace the memory first

ive got the same problem.... :(

my system reboots too without rhyme or reason and i reinstalled windows thining it was an os related issue. but it still happens. :(
thats the error message that i get.

C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER85d5.dir00\Mini032007-02.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER85d5.dir00\sysdata.xml

any ideas anybody??

my system is a pentium 4 intel chipset motherboard ,256 mb ram, 80 gb hdd and has dual os linux and win xp.

"My system reboots too without rhyme or reason..."

There's always a reason for reboots. You just have to be diligent in providing the proper information...

You have posted minidump file names only. Please read "Before posting your minidumps, please read this" at the top of the Windows thread page page...

Read this:

https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic44306.html

Hi guys, just wanted to say thanks as my pc has stopped crashing. I replaced the RAM as advised and it's been fine since!!

I put the old RAM into another PC to see what happened and it crashed within 15 mins!!

Again, a big thanks to every one who helped especially Tmagic650, you're a star!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back