Crashing Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please help! My PC keeps crashing to the blue screen with this message DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL....beginning physical dump of memory. I have used whocrashed and it reported the module: ntoskrn.... bugcheck :0x100000D1 (0xE1D9A000, 0X2,0X0,0XF7678CF6) FILEPATH:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\NTOSKRNL.EXE
It crashes anytime no matter what I am doing, even if it is sitting there. I especially cannot play world of warcraft. I have a Dell Dimension E521, and no warranty left. Can anyone tell me what i need to do? Or is it a hardware issue that means i might as well purchase a new pc?
Im not an expert at computers so if there is anything i left out please let me know and i will give the information. I also cannot do any type of system restore since this has been going on. It will also not back up any of my files.

Next post attach 3 or 4 of your most recent minidump files (In XP, located in folder C:\Windows\Minidump)
Then get and run Memtest. For more information, see https://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

Your problem could be Drivers or Memory (or...)...
In any case, this will help us narrow down the issue.
Updating drivers is usually free.
Replacing memory is less expensive than replacing a machine.

Afterthought...
Are you absolutely sure that you have no Virus, Spyware, or other Malware on your system?
If not (or even if you are it is still worth it to be sure!)..
See this thread... https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/ - Be very careful to follow all steps.
If you start this process, and need help, repost a new thread in https://www.techspot.com/vb/menu28.html

Thank you bookwyrm. I have attached my minidump files for you. I will follow your instructions on the memtest and spyware, virus also. Yes, it it possible that I have a virus or several things like that, although I think that those are just part of the problem. Im having trouble removing what I do find with my temporary virus software. Im currently looking for a better software to do the job. Any that you might recommend ( free version). If the files did not attach correctly let me know. Ill let you know soon how this all goes.

Attachments

• Mini051209-02.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 5
I read your 4 minidumps and all are 0xD1 but all simply said Analysis_Inconclusive. Follow B00kWyrm's advice especially about doing the 8 Steps.

The suggestions for Antivirus, etc. that the 8 Steps list have excellent free versions.

Free Antivirus -- Avast and Avira

Free - Firewalls - Online Armor and COMODO

Free Antispyware - Superantispyware and Malwarebytes (though this may have a limited duration.

* Whatever you do make sure you have a router.

I'll second everything Route44 has said, and I will raise with this one...
ESET Nod32... another Very Good AV... with both free and On-Line versions.

I have run ESET's and like the way it handled even spam for me.
Currently I am running Avira on one machine and Avast on another.
Each is different and, as far as I can tell, it comes down to personal preference for the interface.

Okay. I completed the 8 steps (hopefully correctly) and i will attach the 3 requested files. I tired to save a bootable CD for Memtest, but i had no luck. I tried using a CD with windows media player, but it gave no option for me to burn it. Here are my attached files from 8 steps:

next day

Hello, thank you for recommending the steps.:)

I know it said it removed some things, but im still experiencing issues. Its the next day after the 8 steps. Upon start up Im

still experiencing very delayed icons on my screen (meaning they take up to five

minutes to appear). Also, upon start up sometimes after the icons appear it would

not let me click anything ( mouse just gives me busy signal), it still does this too.

I also now have a new symptom upon start up in which My Documents window pops

up. My tower also is still very noisy when its trying to run programs.

Im waiting to see if it still crashes, as it is unpredictable when it does this. Just

thought I would update the symptoms so far. Will post if it crashes on me today,

and if any other symptoms persist. Having a friend look at it today, so maybe it will be fixed soon.

Sorry Kyblu23 - I just noticed that no one had responded to your last posts.
What you need to do is start a new thread in Virus and Malware...
Your logs reveal infections (You realized this) but you may not be fully clean yet. Let the experts guide you.
Note... (just a "head's up") they are busy, and generously donate their time and expertise,
and they generally have no time for people who cannot or will not follow directions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back