Crashing possibly network related win7 x64

baker99

Hi,

The PC I use as a server keeps getting a BSOD, this has been happening for months now, I thought I had tracked the issue down to the built in network adapter so replaced it, the PC seemed to be working well after this for several weeks then it started crashing again, now it's getting to the point where it crashes every few minutes, it seems more frequent when using the network but that may be coincidence.

I have tried updating the network drivers with no improvement, installed lots of fans which according to speedfan is keeping the temperatures quite low, I have even installed a new graphics card but nothing seems to help, so I have finally resorted to posting my minidump file here for you experts to look at, I managed to open it in windbg but can't see anything obvious myself.

I can post more dumps if needed, thanks for any help you can offer.

Attachments

• dump.7z
    27.2 KB · Views: 1
A slightly different error code and I have attached more minidumps

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1000007e
BCP1: FFFFFFFFC0000005
BCP2: FFFFF8800185B09E
BCP3: FFFFF88002FE77F8
BCP4: FFFFF88002FE7060
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

Attachments

• dumps.7z
    126.4 KB · Views: 1
Yep I did a quick run befote, obviously I need to run it a bit longer, I'll download an iso and let it have a full run, thanks for the information I was headed down the totally wrong route checking drivers etc. Thanks again, I'll let you know the results.

Well the memory checks out fine with no errors reported, I tested them multiple times and both sticks seperately and together, also the machine was on for hours without crashing.

The next step I guess is to reinstall again, but I still suspect a hardware issue, I really don't like Nvidia motherboard chipsets and wonder if that is the root of the problem.

Any other suggestions are more than welcome.

Check the voltage and timings in the BIOS and compare them to the RAM's designed specs. Do they match?

I altered them to 5-5-5-2T 2.0V, I'm using 2 sticks of crucial ballistyx BL25664AA80A.16FE5 Still crashed after a few days (it started like this last time then became more frequent).

I have attached another file which seems to point to netbt.sys which makes sense as it seems feels network related, unfortunately that looks like a microsoft file so I'm not sure what to do about it.

Attachments

• 012211-29625-01.7z
    20.2 KB · Views: 1
Different issue here. Your Realtek NIC driver Rt64win7.sys is not able to load due to the Microsoft OS driver netbt.sys which has to do with networking/internet protocol.

* Update your NIC drivers.

Thanks Route44, I'll give the official ones from Realtek a try again, been trying beta, microsoft and official ones for a while to see if it would fix the problem, at least I know the memory is behaving itself now, thank you.

Back