Crashing/Rebooting during 3D games

Status
Not open for further replies.

crew_dawg16

I have a computer that has put me at my wits end here. I started having this problem a while back and thought that it was hardware related, but after replacing everything and building a new computer essentially, it is still there.

When I play a game like Falcon 4.0 or Battlefield 1942, the computer will either crash to desktop and give me the error reporting message or the computer will get a blue screen of death and just restart.

Here is the hardware in my system:

Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe Main Board
AMD Athlon XP 3000+ Barton Core
1 GB of matched DDR 400 Corsair Memory
XFX Geforce 6600 GT AGP 128MB
AC '97 On board sound controller
200 GB Western Digital SATA Hard drive
Antec 350W PSU

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've had the same problem recently. I went from an Antec True 430 to an Enermax 535 power supply. Problem solved. I would say that you need to look at your power supply.

Go into System Properties and under Startup and Recovery uncheck "automatically restart". That way you can see exactly what the error message is.

Ok, well I already had the automatically restart unchecked. I did have one blue screen come up where nv4_disp.dll came up. I researched the problem and installed different drivers and haven't had that one again yet.

I did a memtest on my ram and found that with my RAM in dual-channel configuration, I get 49,000 some odd errors all in a row on one test. I switched it to single channel and have no errors at all after running through twice. I hope this solved my problems.

I'll report back later tonight with some results.

Thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back