Crashing to Blue Screen Due to Oblivion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I have searched all over for hours. I am nearly weeping in frustration and about to give up, please help me. My problem is crashing to the blue screen, specifically, "0x00000019 Bad_Pool_Header" when and ONLY when I insert the CD for Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion or if the CD is in my drive when I start up. I have searched many self-fixing guides and followed all of their instructions-I just got done with updating my BIOS. Here are the most recent error's descriptions:
"Faulting application oblivion.exe, version 1.1.0.511, faulting module oblivion.exe, version 1.1.0.511, fault address 0x000c3a74."
"Fault bucket 57586923."
"Error code 00000019, parameter1 00000020, parameter2 891a8158, parameter3 891a8170, parameter4 1a030003."
"The driver detected a controller error on \Device\CdRom0."
"Unable to open the Server service. Server performance data will not be returned. Error code returned is in data DWORD 0."

In addition to these errors, I have noticed many warnings in the Event Viewer containing the following description "Fax Service failed to initialize any assigned fax devices (virtual or TAPI). No faxes can be sent or received until a fax device is installed."

Also, the ONLY hardware upgrade I have done since buying my computer about a year and a half ago was adding 2 gigs of ram one month ago-but this crashing issue only started when I inserted the Oblivion CD two days ago. I NEVER crash to the blue screen or have any PC functionality problems if the Oblivion cd is not inserted or in the PC when it starts up. Also, the error does not occur every single time; I played Oblivion flawlessly for an hour last night after reinstalling and repatching it. I removed and reinstalled each ram chip (2 512, 2 1024), and have installed every recommended upgrade and driver listed on microsoft fix lists for this problem.

I am absolutely begging for your help.

No ideas? Please... help...

We need more information about your pc!!

What graphics card have you got, and is it built in or in a slot??

What make and wattage psu have you got??

Find the driver for your cdrom and update it through device manager. Also update the chipset driver for your motherboard and see if the issue remains.

suddy said:
Find the driver for your cdrom and update it through device manager. Also update the chipset driver for your motherboard and see if the issue remains.

Erhm how do you go about doing those things? I'm a newbcake...

Okay I checked for updates for EVERYTHING and they are all up to date. I've been emaling Bethesda (Oblivion's makers) but they have been avoiding taking responsibility. I'm not sure where to go now. My graphics card and other specs are listed in my profile too btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back