Crashing while gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.

McFlapnJacks

Hello again, after a fresh reinstall, I thought my computer had finally settled down and decided to behave. Apparently, I was mistaken. I have a host of new errors and such that make me just want to pick up my computer and throw it out the window...

My main worry is the errors I get while trying to play my favorite game, counter strike source. My computer will crash at random while trying to play, and no matter what I do, I cannot stop it.

The error I get during a crash is,

Stop error : 0x00000008E (0xC0000005, 0xBF80127B, 0xBA1D7A48, 0x00000000)

Win32k.sys - Address Bf80127B base at BF800000, Date stamp 49e85edc.

I checked my event viewer and got this:

Faulting application hl2.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module datacache.dll, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x0000b423.

and also this:

The description for Event ID ( 317 ) in Source ( WMServer ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Media\11.0\WMSDKNSD.XML, Invalid at the top level of the document.
, 12, 3, ]>, C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Media\11.0\WMSDKNSD.XML.(2009.09.09 19.57.05).

and also this...

The description for Event ID ( 1 ) in Source ( nview_info ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: NVIEW : regsvr32: Mutex Recovery Code - after process 41004d detached, mutex recovered. NView (and Mutexes) are now enabled again.

Those were all under application, when i checked elsewhere, this last one also turned up.

Your computer was not able to renew its address from the network (from the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 001558507A14. The following error occurred:
The semaphore timeout period has expired. . Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server.

FYI, I get a different error almost every time I crash, as the crashes happen, I will post the errors. Thanks for any help you all can offer.

~Tony

Computer Specs:
CPU
Dual Core AMD Opteron 165, 1.81ghz

Motherboard
foxconn nf4uk8aa-8ekrs

Memory
3gigs ddr2

Videocard
E-Geforce 8400 gs 512 mb ddr2

Cooling
stock heat sync

Soundcard/Speakers
N/A Cambridge sound works 5.1 full surround sound.

Hard Disk(s)
Seagate sata II 160 gigs.

Other drives
N/A

Case
Custom

Other Peripherals
N/A

Operating System
xp pro sp3

Give this a read- it might help you also: There's no post number, so go by the time. Same as your :
Faulting application hl2.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module datacache.dll, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x0000b423.
cpc2004
09-27-2005, 12:04 PM
Hi Rugerx,
I've investigated your dump and I believe that it is faulty ram.
https://www.techspot.com/vb/all/win...es-during-any-type-of-gaming-Please-help.html

And a tip for documenting Event Errors in the future:
as the crashes happen, I will post the errors.

Start> Run> type in eventvwr

Do this on each the System and the Applications logs:

• [1]. Click to open the log>
    [2]. Look for the Error>
    [3] .Right click on the Error> Properties>
    [4]. Click on Copy button, top right, below the down arrow >
    [5]. Paste here (Ctrl V)
    [6].NOTES
  • You can ignore Warnings and Information Events.
  • If you have a recurring Error with same ID#, same Source and same Description, only one copy is needed.
  • You don't need to include the lines of code in the box below the Description, if any.
  • Please do not copy the entire Event log.

Errors are time coded. Check the computer clock on crash.

This makes it a lot easier to read- for both of us!

For Stop error : 0x00000008E
Usually due to :
  • One or more of the random access memory (RAM) modules that are installed on your computer are faulty. OR
  • The RAM configuration is incompatible with Windows XP.

I looked over your previous posts. You've had these problems since last October. You've done at least 3 re-installs if I counted right. That would seem to indicate that there is a hardware problem that doesn't get fixed when you reinstall.

In May, I suggested you consider seeing if there is a Warranty on the system. As far as I can tell by the posts, the problems aren't getting resolved.

I have been thinking it was the ram for a while now, and what you all say makes plenty of sense. So, I'll swap out my ram and see if that was the problem. Thanks, I'll update you after I've tested it a bit.

(Also, thanks for the tip bobbye, it really makes thing easier.)

*Note* after checking out the link you posted, I found out ibv's description is exactly how mine usually crashes. Well, how he says that the colors get pixelated and discolored.

"What type of power supply do you have? You may be over the watts, or the power suply may be bad, but you need to define the way it crashes better. Does it slowly slow down and the screen turns differnt colors? I had the same problem playing any game where the computer would crash after the screen got pixelated and multi-colored. The crash needs to be described a little better, I mean how it happens what it looks like, because "crash" could mean multiple things wrong unless you describe it. Im not that educated in computer terms so I cannot tell you the codes your getting. I think I got the same codes, when my power supply got fried in a power surge and would crash the comp after several min. You can also check the RAM, maby the RAM is bad, Had that happen to me once before." <~~~ I will definitely check out the power source too. Much appreciated ~Tony

Alright well, i checked out my ram and noticed that i had two of the same brand, and than 1 of the other. So i took out the 1gig of patriot and left the other 2 gigs in and guess what? NO PROBLEMS YET! I have been playing for almost 3 hours straight and have had no problems so far. Usually i crash withing 20 minutes. I'll give it a few more hours, and run all my applications and stuff to make sure nothing else happens. Thanks guys!

~Tony

Sometimes I think it's good that others have had the same problem-and if they found the fix for it, even better!

Let us know how you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back