Crashing with almost any game now

Status
Not open for further replies.

derrekeva

Slowly over the last month, ive been having more crashes with World of warcraft, everquest 2, bioshock.....usually in the first 2-3 minutes of play. the computer usually restarts itself. The event window gives me info like "faulting application bioshock exe" or hanging application. its made all my games unplayable.

I m running windows xp home, ati x1950 video card, m2n-sli deluxe mobo, 2 gb corsair memory(2- 1gb sticks), broadband internet, soundblaster xfi, amd dual core processor .

Ive already downloaded all the latest drivers for mobo,sound,video card and updated windows.just keeps getting worse

derreke

If you have anyway to test your PSU that would be a good start. Or if you have another one that you know works you could put that in and see if your games stop crashing. Does your computer crash when doing anything else though.

Do this to test your system out...

Create a Power User Account - Call it My Games
Load min applications
Disable the Anti-V and anything else that's running in the system tray that can be disable.
You should be able to access this game under that account. If not you could try to install it from this account to see if the problem is gone.

Your profile that you use to login with the account right now might have go corrupted when this game loads or something is wrong with the game.

PSU if you leave your system on all day and night and if it reboots then you got a problem with the PSU. But that might not be your problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back