TechSpot

crashing

By puffader
Jun 19, 2007
  1. Okay here is what is happening: My computer works just fine until I start a game, then it runs for about 2 minutes and it restarts itself. I can search the web and do other things, just crashes on games.

This is what I have tried: I have made sure that I am keeping the components cool (99f) core, case (101f). I tries upgrading my memory, pulled my sound card, (used onboard), pulled my video card (Used onboard) and still it crashes. Someone sugested a more powerful power source (I have 450 watts) and I am not sure if re greasing my thermal grease on the chip would help although I had a problem with installing the fan unit and it was a little messed up, but would this be the cause as I have made sure the chip is running cool by checking in bios and with everest(or everwood whatever that program is called. I am very frustrated, but would rater ask if someone may have had a simular problem and a direct cure! Is maybe flashing my Bios a cure? I get a message that it is hardware, but I have pulled everything, so maybe I damaged my motherboard? Help me Obi-one, your my only hope!

P4 d processor 3.2 mhz
    ecs motherboard(cant remember here at work which one) has Agp slot x4,x8
    running 1gb ddr2 533mhz memory (PNY)
    gforce 7800gs card
    soundblaster x-fi extreme music

2. puffader

puffader TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 75

I have read various post, and tried and it seems I'm not the only one here, and it litrally crashes only when I play games!!!!

3. N3051M

N3051M TS Rookie Posts: 2,800

try a memtest.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.