TechSpot

Crazier than ever

By Bipolar_Gargoyl
May 4, 2005
  1. I am 34 & married with 3 kids all boys 15, 12 & 11. My wife is 35. I am a self taught computer nut.
    I work on friends pc's and my own. Mostly replacing drives and memory and some program conflics.
    I am on my pc or others for probably 8 to 10 hours a day. some of it stressed out and some just playing games.
    Well not sure what else to say.

Hope to meet others with same interest.

ME

2. vnf4ultra

vnf4ultra TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,388

Welcome to Techspot.
    I also enjoy computers, as do most people here ;)

3. olefarte

olefarte TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,343   +6

You sound like me, stressed out, but playing a few games.

Welcome to TechSpot, hope you enjoy the forums.

4. isatippy

isatippy TS Rookie Posts: 497

Hello and Welcome :wave: :wave:

5. zephead

zephead TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,569

are you s***tin' me?
    you've found the right place.

6. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 6,000   +15

Heck - I love messing with 'em at home, but hate it at work.

7. Bipolar_Gargoyl

Bipolar_Gargoyl TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 71

Zephead, i don't have any "local" friends that know anything about pc's. i have been looking for somewhere to ask others for help and to help where i might beable, for awhile. most places want you to "sign up" but only if you have a credait card and are willing to pay!

By the way i am "goverment certified" crazy i get disability.

8. zephead

i was implying that everyone here has an interest in working with computers, so you'll enjoy techspot.

9. Bipolar_Gargoyl

I didn't mean anything, by what i said. just giving you a little insight into "me" thats all. sorry if it seemed to have an "attitude" about it.

Bipolar

10. zephead

no problem at all

11. Tedster

Then you might qualify for some disability grants and financial aid for school.
    Formal education is not free. (Someone always pays. If not you, then joe taxpayer.)

You can learn some stuff from books and self-teaching, but most programmers I know at least start in a formal school. A lot of them then quit when they get proficient enought to dig into books and resources on their own to find out what they want to learn.

Lord knows, I can barely afford the master's program for my MBA. If it weren't for my Army and VA financial help, I couldn't attend. With your condition and family size, you should be able to get some help. I have no idea what your income is, but if you're not able to work, you should be able to get financial help for school. Try the financial aid office at the school you want to attend. I'd start at a community college, they tend to be flexible and cheap.

12. Bipolar_Gargoyl

i Have ben looking into somethings like that tedster. After 3 years they finally have my meds set up so i can actually function in a day to day life. there is a college near us that i want to go to for the computer tech. degree, but not sure if i can do it.. after all the meds they have tried on me the brain is kind of like swiss cheese.... lol But i think if i start with just a couple classes it might be ok.

Bipola

13. Tedster

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I've suffered from depression before, especially after my wife cheated on me. But things are better now, and we're talking and might be able to work it out. Take it easy, and try what you can- and who knows - keeping your mind occupied through education can be great therapy in itself. I know, I got through my depression by completing my bachelor's degree and focusing on work.

14. SOcRatEs

SOcRatEs TechSpot Paladin Posts: 966

Hello

Man thats the kewlest handle!
    Welcome!
    and make yerself at home.

15. Bipolar_Gargoyl

Thanks for the Welcome SOcRatEs.

I just enrolled in a ONLINE College for "Computer Information Management" It's not exactly what i wanted, but its a start. I really wanted to learn how to build my own PC. That will have to come later.

Chat some other time Maybe,

Bipolar

16. Masque

Masque TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,058

Bipolar, just got in here to say HI! and just noticed you're from Michigan. What part if I may be so bold to ask? I'm up in Auburn, between Bay City and Midland.

17. Bipolar_Gargoyl

18. Masque

Masque TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,058

Funny stuff. You've got a PM.

19. Phantasm66

Phantasm66 TS Rookie Posts: 5,734   +7

I am very pleased to meet you.

You sound like you have loads in common with many people here, including myself.

20. Bipolar_Gargoyl

Thanks for the welcome ya'll. I keep finding more and more info on this site!!! I can't believe i didn't look for a place like this sooner. The members here have been very .. not sure what the exact word is... helpful, friendly, genuine in their replies, i realy feel welcome here.

Bipolar

21. Tedster

Glad to hear you're doing ok and are educating yourself. It's about time people get 'ta learn'n ! ha ha

22. Bipolar_Gargoyl

"Gee, what does this button/feature/switch/command, (fill in the blank) do?" ...... OOPs! <<<<<That's me alright...lol

23. AtK SpAdE

AtK SpAdE TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,495

Pleasure to meet you

Ha, i have had many of those moments, and sure to have many more of them :cool:

Sean

BTW-Welcome!

24. Tedster

That's why we're all here!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.