CRC-error and collisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi
My ISP has told me that when he scan my port he can se that i have over 2million collisions and over 300 CRC-error.

They tell me that im using a HUB or have a faulty networkcard or cable, the thing is that i have tried 3 diffrent NIC´s and atleast 5 diffrent cables and i have no HUB or router or anything.

The thing I wonder is , what could cause those CRC-errors and does they show up as packetloss?

Could it be anything on "my end" thats causin it, ex faulty settings or something?

Is there any way for me to check those CRC-errors to see if they are there constant?

Assuming you use Win2k or newer, you can see network connection errors by editing registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Control \ Network \ Connections \ StatMon \ ShowLanErrors

Set it to 1 if you want to display errors in properties window. However, the window is too small for it, it will look a bit weird.

Hi
I am running WinXP but i could only find strings down to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CurrentControlSet \ Control \ Network \ Connections \ .

I cant se the sub-catalogs: StatMon \ ShowLanErrors.

In the Connections-folder there is only a string called ClassManagers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back