Creating a default background

Im wanting to create a default background (with my companies logo) as a default on every new laptop we get in.

if anyone could send me in the right directionon how to do this, weather it be creating a group policy or a registry edit

Thanks,
Todd.

I don't know if this will be "pointing you in the right direction" as you said. But I vaguely remember on one of my web designer friends doing this for someone about 5-6 years ago. This person contracted my friend to do a corporate logo background that would be used on approx 50-60 machines.

I don't know what he did "step by step" but I do remember him saying that he utilized the services of Adobe Photoshop, I think he said he scanned the persons company logo, which was on paper into his computer, fired up Photoshop and opened the file in there. Then he said something about having Photoshop trace or mirroring the image, I don't know, I'm not real good at this Photoshop stuff, But I do remember him using the terms "trace" and "mirror" and "scan"!

So to me, it sounds like if you have your corporate logo on paper, you might have to use something to get it into your machine.

I'm sure there are some photo and image savvy members here on TechSpot who are more superior than I when it comes to creating images, I hope one of those kind of people chime in here to try and help you out, for I'm drawing a blank!

Good luck.................

Just to clear up, im not wanting to actually create the wallapaper ( i already have that) I just wondered if it was possible to for every new user i create, (be it going control panel and add user) or a different way, i want my companies logo as default.

Thanks for the help so far,
Todd.

I'd imagine that you could specify it in the default settings created for the accounts created on the machine. The info in Mizzou's link look like a good starting point.

OK, I'm a tad bit confused here! I understand the whole "you've got the wallpaper" thing, you've been there, did that and got the t-shirt. But what more with Windows could you apply a company logo on? The next best thing, other than a desktop background would be maybe sometimes when one hits the "start button" and pops up the menu, sometimes there is a Windows label/logo there, maybe that's what your talking about. Or your talking about going into the "control panel" and adding users and adding your company logo, are you talking about the image that a user can pick, that only is shown at the log in screen and atop the Windows start menu?

I don't know, this topic has me perplexed!

Back