Creative announces Sound Blaster X-Fi accesories range

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
Designed to put a Sound Blaster X-Fi powered PC at the heart of a home entertainment system, these connectivity options and upgrades are designed for easy use and incredible results.

London;1st February 2006: Creative the worldwide leader in digital entertainment products for the personal computer and the Internet, announces availability of a full range of accessories and upgrades for the award-winning Sound Blaster X-Fi range that allow users to integrate a Sound Blaster X-Fi powered PC into a home entertainment environment.

Home Theater Connect DTS-610.

With the growth of PCs for general home entertainment comes the increasing requirement for simple, one-cable connectivity between the PC and a home cinema system. The Home Theater Connect DTS-610 meets this need. It is a stand-alone, real-time encoder that easily connects a Media Center or standard PC to a multi-channel home cinema system via a single digital cable. Multi-channel 5.1 analogue outputs from the PC connect into the DTS-610, which encodes them in real-time to a DTS 5.1 stream which is then fed via a single digital cable to a home cinema system.

The DTS-610 is the first stand-alone hardware product on the market to use the new DTS Interactive standard. This is a special real-time version of DTS encoding that offers the very best balance between performance and quality. Because it is a separate hardware device it delivers exceptional audio encoding without placing a load on the CPU or slowing down gaming performance, as a PC based software encoder does. All audio from the PC - including multi-channel games, music, movies and DRM-protected content and games - can easily be played back on a surround-sound home cinema system.

Sound Blaster Home Cinema Cable.

For customers who want a simple connection between a PC and home cinema system to enjoy full bandwidth, uncompressed audio in Xtreme Fidelity 24-bit/96kHz quality, over 7.1 channels, the Sound Blaster Home Cinema cable provides eight discrete RCA outputs from the card's three mini-jack outputs.

Sound Blaster Digital I/O Module.

This accessory instantly upgrades a Sound Blaster to digital connectivity with S/PDIF digital inputs and outputs, in both optical and coaxial formats. It's ideal for connecting an X-Fi equipped PC to studio equipment and MiniDisc players; also for providing DTS and Dolby digital pass-through to stand-alone decoders.

Sound Blaster X-Fi I/O Drive upgrade kit.

The accessory expands the connectivity of a Sound Blaster X-Fi card via a conveniently located internal drive-bay module. The front panel microphone and headphone connectivity is great for gaming or internet communications, while the addition of digital I/O, Midi and IR remote functions turns a PC into a fully-fledged entertainment centre.

Sound Blaster X-Fi I/O Console and Remote Control.

With this accessory a user can turn a Sound Blaster X-Fi PC into an audio creation workstation, adding convenient connectivity for a turntable, electric guitar, microphone, MIDI, analogue and digital I/O. The unit can be mounted beneath a flat panel monitor and the front panel controls and inputs give users quick access to key features for fast results. With Sound Blaster X-Fi's Modal Architecture, not only is this a great home studio tool, but it also delivers all the connectivity required to fully exploit the benefits of X-Fi Entertainment and Gaming modes.

Sound Blaster X-Fi IR Receiver and Remote Control.

This USB IR receiver and fully featured remote combine with the bundled Entertainment Center software to give control of all multimedia content from the comfort of an armchair!

All these upgrades are available now at www.europe.creative.com/shop/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back