Creative Inspire 5.1 Digital 5500 Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm posting here because I have having recent problems with my year-old Creative Inspire 5.1. Digital 5500 sound system.

My system:
Dell Laptop Inspiron 4100
256 RAM
20 GB
Crystal WDM (Cirrus Logic) Sound Board

I haven't made any modifications or upgrades with my laptop hardware, everything is "out of the box," nor do I have any problems with the machine.

The problem:
When I power up the Creative Digital box, I am able to listen to music for about 5 minutes before it emits a loud "blowing out" noise (like a fuse blowing up). I am able to switch it on again, but this time, the period I can listen to music decreases. By the 4-5 time, it "blows" immediately when I power it up. If I wait 2-3 hours, I am able to listen to repeat this whole process again (listening to it for 5 minutes at first etc etc.)

The massive AC adaptor does not get hot at all during this whole process. I've tried numerous electricity outlets, with the same effect. These outlets are not overloaded, nor to the appliances/other computer parts/lights etc. experience the same problem,

I'd like to know whether I can save myself the hassle of sending it back (Creative has a 2 year manufacturer warrantee on its products).

Much thanks in advance.

Ask Creative techsupport on their site. They will tell you if you need to return the subwoofer/amp or the digital box. Its deffinately a fault in the speakers.

Thanks for this - I was unaware that Creative have a techsupport email page on their site, but I've emailed them today.

Will keep you updated on this when they reply (hopefully by Monday).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back