Creative Inspire 5300

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought a new computer with a Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 audio card. I also bought the Creative Inspire 5300 Speakers...
My question is how do i get the center speaker to work properly?
I have played around witht the connections and the setup i have now is the one that works best. If i try the AudioHQ program and test the speakers the center speaker works, but on other programs it does not. I tried downloading new drivers but all they do is prevent the AudioHQ program from running. Please Help.
Rodolfo

Sounds like it's working fine. If you want stereo/mono sounds to come out of the centre speaker then you have to enable CMSS in PlayCenter, otherwise it'll be limited to when DirectSound3D is being used (In games) or whenever you play AC-3 files/DVDs.
Basically if you get centre channel in the speaker test it is setup corectly & working fine.

Originally posted by TS | Thomas
Sounds like it's working fine. If you want stereo/mono sounds to come out of the centre speaker then you have to enable CMSS in PlayCenter, otherwise it'll be limited to when DirectSound3D is being used (In games) or whenever you play AC-3 files/DVDs.
Basically if you get centre channel in the speaker test it is setup corectly & working fine.

what is cmss??? where do i find it???

CMSS (Creative Multi-Speaker Surround), Creative’s stereo up-mixing feature & is supported in 4 & 5.1 Speaker modes, though obviously not necessary for 2 Speaker output. This will alter stereo sources as compared to CMSS being disabled (Default) & the effect may or may not be to your liking as a result. Open PlayCenter, change to the Player view & use the arrow button to the left of the EAX button to expand it.

34.gif

Click on CMSS & select Off or On to disable/enable CMSS respectively. It’s worth noting that CMSS will have no effect on 3D Audio, only on Stereo sources, e.g. If you’re playing a DirectSound 3D Game with an MP3 Soundtrack then only the MP3 will be up-mixed by it (Along with any other Stereo content the Game should use), but all DirectSound 3D Audio streams will remain unmolested by it. Performance may be slightly reduced as a result, though it’s worth testing it to see if you like the affects before disabling it.

IMO CMSS isn't that good & don't use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back