Creative Remote Center w/ WinXP

Status
Not open for further replies.

PHATMAN5050

I was told that there is now a Creative Remote Center driver for WinXP. I went to download the driver and when i go to install it, it tells me that it is an update and that i do not have the original installed. Where can i get the old file for this update? I've been looking online EVERYWHERE and have come up empty handed. Any help would be appreciated.

Creative Live! Platinum 5.1 w/ Live Drive II adn remote RM-900. Thanks!

In that case you'll want to search for "Intelliremote" which is a replacement for Remote Center, I'd send it but on thr Extigy CD its ot seperately executable.
Won't install without a previous installation as regards remote center

My first thought upon reading that post was "Perhaps it is for the Audigy?" But upon reading Creative's website I now know that isn't true...

Since the original Remote Center drivers must be on the CD, than either install them or reinstall them. If it still doesn't work, perhaps maybe the drivers are in the wrong directory? :confused:

The thing is probably that you need to reinstall them. Hope it works! :D

Uff da. Well find it then!

Or get another member of the boards (with the same sound card) to maybe send you the exec? Or it may even be the same thing with Thomas' Extigy CD, it's not seperate. Then just get them to burn it for you and mail it!

But, the thing I'd have to say is find the cd!!!

LOL, sorry, i thought i had put that in my above post, must have forgotten it. Does anyone have this cd?

No, it's one of the problems with Creative's software, they only have "update" versions now which require a previous installation in order to update it.
If you don't have the CD you're outta luck basically unless you wanna consider downloading those 300MB Compaq Drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back