Critical System Error! / System Alert:Trojan Spy.Win32@mx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I recently noticed the following popups in my tray

System Alert:Trojan-Spy.Win32@mx

and

Critical System Error!

can someone please tell me how to get rid of them.

Attached is my hijackthis log.

Thx

Tazza

Attachments

• hijackthis.log
    12.2 KB · Views: 75
pmsngr.exe gives you Fake Systems Alerts.

Hey Guys.
I have been trying all of this stuff to get rid of my problem which was, a fake system error saying I was infected with Trojan-spy.win32@mx.

In the end I just went to C/programfiles and found a file in a folder called Videocompressioncodec that contained the file "pmsngr.exe"

It would not let me delete it so I booted in Safe Mode and got rid of it and deleted all instances in my regedit and bingo...messages gone and computer back to normal.

I did use CleanUP and Ad Aware and in the process of removing old files and spy ware I freed up 5GBs of space.

Thanks to all.

Some of my comments.

I had problems downloading AVG but have heard a lot of mixed reviews so I kept my norton as I have not had problems till this. (Norton will not be able to get rid of it)

CleanUP is great and I reccomend it.

Ad Aware is free and the most downloaded one I could find and it is great too.

Success getting rid of WIN32@MX

RedRocket, I wanted to thank you for your help with this. I read your post and did what you said, and BAM, no more POPUP, no icon in systray.

Thanks for your help.

Flybouy

Redrocket said:
Hey Guys.
I have been trying all of this stuff to get rid of my problem which was, a fake system error saying I was infected with Trojan-spy.win32@mx.

In the end I just went to C/programfiles and found a file in a folder called Videocompressioncodec that contained the file "pmsngr.exe"

It would not let me delete it so I booted in Safe Mode and got rid of it and deleted all instances in my regedit and bingo...messages gone and computer back to normal.

I did use CleanUP and Ad Aware and in the process of removing old files and spy ware I freed up 5GBs of space.

Thanks to all.

Some of my comments.

I had problems downloading AVG but have heard a lot of mixed reviews so I kept my norton as I have not had problems till this. (Norton will not be able to get rid of it)

CleanUP is great and I reccomend it.

Ad Aware is free and the most downloaded one I could find and it is great too.

If you guys think that simply removing the Videocompressioncodec, means your systems are clean, you`re just kidding yourself.

The only way to make sure is to do the following.

Go and read the Trojan Pakes and other nasties preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into A new thread in this forum, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of Tazza only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Hi everyone! I'm new here...

Hello!

Found this site when searching for a way to get rid of this annoying pop up System Alert problem. I'm a programmer at a university and somehow got nabbed by this trojan... trying to work is a bummer. I will go to the introduction forum now... (am a bit frustrated by all the sillypopups!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back