TechSpot

Critical System Error!!!

By Coysher
Nov 28, 2006
  1. I was wondering weather anyone could help me....

I keep getting icons in my taskbar saying things such as: 'critical systerm errors' and telling me to download some software.

I have posted a logg below, any help would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

You have at least one nasty infection on your system.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of Coysher only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

3. Coysher

Coysher TS Rookie Topic Starter

OK I followed all the instructions exactly. The "critical system error" icon in my taskbar is now gone :) Thank you VERY MUCH kind SIR!!!!

4. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Well done, your HJT log is now clean.

You`re not running any antivirus or firewall software. This is a huge security risk.

Go back to the link I gave you and download and install an antivirus and firewall programmes.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of Coysher only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.