Critical System Errors ( In the Icon Troy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Prime

Ok just today I'm keep getting this "Critical System Errors" in my icon tray and it just annoying so is there a way to remove it , please help me

Attachments

• hijackthis.log
    9 KB · Views: 8
Hello and welcome to Techspot.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how HERE.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how HERE.

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE.

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall anything to do with(if there).

Video ActiveX Object
MarketBrowser

Close control panel.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\Program Files\MarketBrowser<Delete the entire folder.
C:\Program Files\Video ActiveX Object<Delete the entire folder.

Reboot into normal mode, turn system restore back on and rehide your protected OS files.

Now, go HERE and follow the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of Jim Prime only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Thanks

Well system seems ok , no sign of the that error in the icon tray
here's the hijackthis log file

I need you to follow the instructions in the above link. That`s because you may have other nasties on your system that you`re not aware of.

In particular you will need to rename HijackThis.exe and run the AVG Antispyware programme.

Once I have your fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs, I`ll have a better idea of whether your system is clean or not.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of Jim Prime only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Again

Well the icon came back when i rebooted my pc

so i followed all the steps again and here's the hjt log and AVG spyware log

Download the Pocket Killbox programme from HERE. Extract it but don`t run it yet.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how HERE.

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how HERE.

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {1a1ddc19-5893-43ab-a73f-f41a0f34d115} - C:\Program Files\Video ActiveX Object\isaddon.dll (file missing)

O3 - Toolbar: Protection Bar - {96ebbe6a-2864-4345-b32b-26ee9be524b5} - C:\Program Files\Video ActiveX Object\iesplugin.dll (file missing)

O21 - SSODL: blippers - {f2efa195-4785-4db1-9316-b48c64bb71da} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\xqpauzx.dll

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Delete all files in AVG Antispyware quarantine.

Run the killbox.exe file. When it loads type the full path to the file you would like to delete in the field and check the delete file on reboot button. press the Delete File button (looks like a red circle with a white X). It will prompt you to reboot, select no until you have finished inputting the files you want to delete, only then allow it to reboot and hopefully your files will now be deleted. If your computer doesn`t automatically restart, restart it manually.

This is the filepath you need to enter into killbox.

C:\WINDOWS\system32\xqpauzx.dll

Once your system has rebooted, turn system restore back on and rehide your protected OS files. Delete the Killbox backups.

Post a fresh HJT log and let me know how your system is running.

Thx

Well did exactly as you said and the icon is gone now and i'm post my fresh hijackthis log file

Also if my pc is clean now can u post some tip or thing i can do to make my computer faster

Your HJT log is now clean.

Delete the Killbox backups.

If you have any further virus/spyware problems, please post in this thread.

One of the best ways of speeding up your pc, is to get rid of that resource hogging Symantec/Norton crapware.

Replace it with one of the antivirus/firewall programmes in this thread HERE.

Download whichever antivirus/firewall programme you choose and disconnect from the net.

Completely uninstall Symantec/Norton. If you have any problems with the uninstall, see this thread HERE.

Once you`ve finished the uninstall, reboot your system. Install whichever firewall you chose, followed by whichever antivirus your chose and reboot your system the required number of times. Reconnect to the net and run the antivirus updates.

To further speed up your pc, take a look at this thread HERE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back