Status
Not open for further replies.
here's my system stats
Q6600 2.8ghz
P5K Premium
4gb ddr2
750w psu
two diamond radeon 4850 512mb in crossfire

The problem is that I get horrible results for cards this good. 1360x768 res, Crysis on high, I get 10-20 fps on the intro. I cant even run 3d mark vantage, my display drivers crash at the beginning of the first test.
I know these cards are better than this, anybody have any ideas?

Have you hooked up the PCI-E connectors from the PSU to the card? Also, do you have the latest Catalyst drivers installed? Which OS are you using? And what is the brand and model of the PSU you're using? Lastly, how many fans do you have in your case?

Rage_3K_Moiz said:
Have you hooked up the PCI-E connectors from the PSU to the card? Also, do you have the latest Catalyst drivers installed? Which OS are you using? And what is the brand and model of the PSU you're using? Lastly, how many fans do you have in your case?

I dont know what the 1st part means, but I do know that I've powered both cards (I think) properly

I dont know if I have latest catalyst drivers, I shall check now

I'm using Vista Basic 32-bit

I'm using a "Silencer 750 Quad 750w"

and lastly I have a side fan, a front fan, and a 120mm heat sink over my cpu with a fan that blows through the heat sink and into another fan on the back of my case

First off, you need to hook up one 6-pin PCI-E cable from the PSU to the card. You'd need one for each card. The slot would look like this and the 6-pin connector will look like this, maybe with a detachable two-pin connector as shown in the picture. Use only the 6-pin connector for the cards.
Also, check if you've connected the Crossfire connector properly as well.

yes I've powered them correctly, and I'm pretty sure you just stick the 2 connectors on top and you're done with it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back