Crossfire BSOD

By marinkvasina
Jul 10, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Note: This is my first time setting Crossfire but I have looked it up online.
    So I had my R9 270x for a while now with another one in the box (both Asus).
    I finally got time ti set them up into crossfire, so there I was putting the card it. Turned on my system for it to register the card. Restarted and put the bridge on the cards. I enabled the option and BSOD.

There are a few dumps (me re installing drivers and all of that). Can someone provide assistance?
    For now I have both cards plugged in without the bridge and the system is okay.

Attached Files:

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,673   +152

Your ATI video driver and a DXdiag note are present in the dumps. Have you attached a spare power supply connector to the motherboard?
  3. marinkvasina

marinkvasina TechSpot Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 259   +9

What do you mean a spare connector?
    Anyways I've managed to get crossfire to work, but some issues are present in Chrome (more than in games). Some anomalies/flickering tend to appear.

Something is definitely not right if I look at: http://prntscr.com/41ntyr

The shaders, texture fillrate and ROPs/TMUs of the first card are lower than those of the second. Both cards are Asus r9 270x TOP, shouldn't this be identical?

Example of this happening in chrome: http://prntscr.com/41nves
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2014
  4. Tmagic650

Crossfire enabled motherboards have a male molex 4-pin connector on the motherboard to allow a 4-pin molex female connector from the power supply to be attached when crossfire is enabled. This motherboard connector supplies more current to the video circuits when crossfire is enabled
  5. marinkvasina

Sorry I don't know about this cable. Could you highlight where its connector should be: http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P8Z77V_LK/gallery/

I've switched GPUs and changed the crossfire bridge, I'll run tests now.
    Update: Seems like the issues have stoped, but I'd rather plug that cable in.
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2014
  6. Tmagic650

You don't have that 4-pin connector but you do have an 8-pin CPU aux connector. Are all 8 pins used, or just 4?
  7. marinkvasina

Yes all 8 are being used. Might it have been an issue of the crossfire bridge? I did use an unpacked one though.
  8. Tmagic650

So have the BSOD's stopped?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.