Crossfire worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the 2900PRO should perform better, sell your X1950PRO for about 110$ and buy the 2900PRO. It is DX10, (Sad its not DX10.1) so it should be OK for a while.

The numbers (specs) of your 1950 are very good. The 512 bit support of the 2900 is also impressive. The core clock and memory weren't shown and the bandwidth of either GPU was not shown. Myself, I would hook up another 1950. I have an 8800 series and so far the Direct X 10 hasn't meant anything.(no direct x 10 applications) except Lost Planet. In the future DX10 will be mando so it's up to you. If you were to crossfire 2 2900's that would be a pretty impressive graphics unit.

Well 2x1950's has requires more power than 1 2900PRO, also the X1950's would just put the hot air right back in your case while the 2900 exhausts it out the back. Plus crossfire support is lower than single card support.

Crossfire is not worth it due to the higher costs involved. You'd have to pay more for a better PSU and cooling, plus you'd need a monitor capable of high resolutions like 1920x1200 which is where Crossfire would really show performance benefits. F1N3ST is right. Get the HD2900PRO and you'll get a great boost in performance without having to upgrade any other parts (except maybe your CPU, since it has a high chance of bottlenecking the video card).

Alright i'll get the 2900 then, The PSU shouldn't be a problem because i have a 600 watt Rosewill (Good Quality one) and my monitor is a 22" wide screen. Right now i have a 3ghz p4 cpu oc'd to 3.2 but i plan on buying a 3.4 or 3.8ghz cpu by december.

One question is where can i sell my 1950 pro? I know E-bay would be an obvious but a lot of people mess up the cards themselves sometimes and then blame it on the seller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back