CRT display suddenly concave

Hello,

Till yesterday, my LG Studioworks 700S CRT monitor was working fine. Today morning when I switched on the PC, the monitor screen's display turned concave [screen display is curved inwards].

I have tried all the settings from the monitors front panel [i.e. the buttons of the monitor], but the diplay just doesnt change! I have also restarted the PC twice, unplugged and plugged all the cables, but of no use!
I have tried the Pincushion settings, i'm not able to make changes in them. Its not accepting any changes! Pls help to solve the problem in some other way.

What can be the problem?! Why this has happened suddenly?

I work for the whole day on my PC, so pls help me urgent as i'm not able to continue with my work!

if you mean it looks like a time-glass, it's dying, and there is probably no way to fix your monitor.
you need to buy a new monitor.

I tried hitting it hard, but this did not work!

Isnt there any other solution for monitor settings apart from the buttons panel which is on the monitor?!

This is not a monitor settings issue. IMHO, it needs to be repaired but it's probably not worth it. Consider getting a new monitor.

lol, what? didn't know that.

I've had multiple CRT monitors where something is acting funny on it and its temporarly fixed by hitting it. For a specific example the bottom 1/5th of a 19" MAG monitor I have will randomly start shimmering badly (probably about a 5cm shift left and right quickly) and if I hit it it quits.

You really should get a new monitor they are fantastic, even the cheaper ones. Ive seen 19" for £79.99 which is an excellent price.

Back